Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookcrossing in Cork?

Options
  • 22-02-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭

Hi there ^_^
    I am looking for some places in Cork where I can bring a book of mine and exchange it for another book for free, I am sure there are some places like these but i can't find anything googling...
    Help, anyone? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Off you go to Vibes and scribes on bridge street!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

miss shadow hit the nail on the head, Vibes n' Scribes are the only game in town for that really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

There is a book crossing group in Cork who meet on the third Thursday of every month in Tribes, they also have a website as well as a yahoo group.

They have a large selection of books that you can take as you want. Go down to the very end of the room and turn left and you will see all the books on the shelf. I have details for the main organiser if you want them.

The main idea of book crossing is to get a book (one you have bought and are finished with, or that you were given and no longer want) and leave it in a random place. You have to register it with a BCN number that you will get on the website. Then when someone picks up the book they go on the website and say where they found it. So you can track the book as it travels around the world! I have left lots of them on planes :)

kingtut wrote: »
    There is a book crossing group in Cork who meet on the third Thursday of every month in Tribes, they also have a website as well as a yahoo group.

They have a large selection of books that you can take as you want. Go down to the very end of the room and turn left and you will see all the books on the shelf. I have details for the main organiser if you want them.

The main idea of book crossing is to get a book (one you have bought and are finished with, or that you were given and no longer want) and leave it in a random place. You have to register it with a BCN number that you will get on the website. Then when someone picks up the book they go on the website and say where they found it. So you can track the book as it travels around the world! I have left lots of them on planes :)

Ah Not just a pretty face kingtut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

kingtut wrote: »

I know about the bookcrossing "official" site but what I am looking for it's a much more simple "book exchange" point ^_^
    Thanks for the info on the bookcrossing group, also.
    I'll head to Vibes and Scribes so, TY for the suggestion guys and girls.
    Any other places? Pubblic libraries?

• Advertisement

Not just a pretty face kingtut

aww why thank you miss shadow *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

You could set up a cork boards coffee book exchange thing.

There is a bookstore next to tesco on paul street that has a huge amount of 2nd hand books. Try any 2nd hand shop charity shops,they sell very cheap books

There is a bookstore next to tesco on paul street that has a huge amount of 2nd hand books. Try any 2nd hand shop charity shops,they sell very cheap books

TY, I am a customer of second hand and used books since a long time ^_^
    But I also want to leave some books that I don't particularly treasure to someone else to pick up...
    In Italy some places have "free exchange shelves" and I found the same on Inis Mor too...lol

But I also want to leave some books that I don't particularly treasure to someone else to pick up...

That is what I was talking about in my first post. You can leave books on the shelf that I mentioned in Tribes and take one that takes your fancy. All 100% free.

• Advertisement

Oki, I understood that you have to go to the mettings in order to do that, I'll head there! :)

Oki, I understood that you have to go to the mettings in order to do that, I'll head there! :)

No no you do not have to go to the meetings. They just discuss books at them. Remember you can drop a book wherever you like and see who picks it up :) good luck with it!

Advertisement