Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 250w query?

Options
  • 22-02-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Reading the reviews here, it appears that a lot of people have problems with this device taking a lot of time to locate satellites! Can anyone tell me if this is still an issue with this unit?

If it is then what other units would people recommend?
    TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

The updated 255W model has an improved satellite tracker in it..I would go for that

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

I've had a 250 and a 250W, and 9 time out of 10 its up and running within 10 secs, but the one time it'll take a min or more, dont know why, just happens. But as mondeo said, newer models will prob always be better. I'd like a new 265 but not going to happen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Reading the reviews here, it appears that a lot of people have problems with this device taking a lot of time to locate satellites! Can anyone tell me if this is still an issue with this unit?

If it is then what other units would people recommend?
    TIA.

Reasons why a SatNav might not calculate a position - relating to physical obstructions etc - are covered in this post....

Advertisement