Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

camera automated tripod

• 22-02-2009 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

new to the boards here. I am looking for a automated tripod with remote control of tripod, the camera will be mounted on top of a 50' mast and I need to be able to control it from ground. Anyone know where I can get this.

Thanks

Martbyr

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I would say that you are entering field of remotely controlled CCTV and securtiy cameras. Quick search in suppliers of security and CCTV systems should solve that issue. And you can mount the screw for camera almost on everything ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

You're looking for a Pan and Tilt head.

Not the sort of thing that'll be picked up in a retail outlet here in Ireland.

You'll need to know the weight of equipment you intend mounting. In general a quality unit will not be cheap :mad:

Getting into elevated photography;)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

martbyr wrote: »
    Hi,

new to the boards here. I am looking for a automated tripod with remote control of tripod, the camera will be mounted on top of a 50' mast and I need to be able to control it from ground. Anyone know where I can get this.

Thanks

Martbyr

Coming at this from an industry point of view, if your looking to control the panning and tilting of the camera which will be mounted at the top of the mast see this pdf for an example of what is available http://www.sourcesecurity.com/docs/fullspec/2000_01_06_datasheet_EN[2].pdf , however you will need to look at an external weatherproof housing for your camera to ensure that it does not get rained on. You will also need bracketing to secure this model or similar to the mast.

Without knowing what type of photography you're looking at doing you might be better off going for an IP based PTZ camera like this one then you can control the zoom and the focus of the camera from the comfort of your computer if you had a radio link. However this type of solution is not cheap.
    The only thing about even the standard IP based security camera is the resolution which is fairly low by comparrison to DSLR standards. The next option is the Megapixel range which even then are in around the 1.3 to two megapixel - a far cry from your 6-21 megapixel DSLR :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 martbyr

yep thats what I need, you know where I could get this equipment, everything else I have found masts ets except for this unit.

Martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

The security pan and tilt heads are only available from security equipment distributors who deal in trade only. However I have PM'd you with some contact details who might be able to help.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Burnt

Have you considered using the motorised heads of astronomical telescopes?
    It would take a bit of hacking.

Advertisement