Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ammo boxes and shooting mats

Options
  • 22-02-2009 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi all ! :D

Firstly sorry i aint been around for awhile but i moved and changed job so no interweb until now!!! country living now!

I was after some advice on places to source ammo boxes, i am after the ones that the F Class lads seem to use they hold 50 or 100 rounds of 6.5X55/.308 ammo that sort of thing ! i have found a couple but the prices are absolutly mad, they are after all ! just a plastic box with dividers.:mad:

Also

Shooting mats for target shooting, is there a popular make and type aimed at the F Class shooter and where would i find them? is it best to shop online or does any one know any where with this gear around Limerick/Clare/Tipp.

Please find attachments of pics of sort of thing im after . Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Here's a mat for you, for not terrible money.

And here's a source for the boxes. Must say, I'd been meaning to look for those myself, cheers for making me get off my ass and do it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Those are MTM Case-gard cases Nutta, lots of places in the UK stock them and they have a factory store online as well. You couldn't call them expensive; the dearest, top-of-the-line 100-round box for .308s and the like, costs less than $14.

edit:bleh, beaten to it mid-post...

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Give these guys a shout they are very good to deal with. I had found an irish company yesterday that was selling them but for hell or high water i cant find them now. Will post later if I can find it.

http://www.swillingtonshootingsupplies.co.uk/store/product/3834/Rifle-Cartridge-Holders/

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

http://www.sportingservices.co.uk/accessories.asp

Down the page:

Shooting Mat Olive green, Black or UK DPM. 10mm foam, waterproof outer. 4 padded sections and one lightweight section with mesh pocket, clear map/document pouch and non slip elbow pads.

Price - £70

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Could not find the site I was after but you could give these guys in tipp a ring. I have never used them only came across them to day but for 4 euro you cant go wrong.

http://www.huntingeasy.com/AMMO%20BOXES.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 NUTTA1

Thanks for all that lads!:)

I had tried a few places by get this they were looking for €40 a box and it was the MTM Case-gard ones.

I really appreciate the quick responses "it wasn't me" and "sparks" u lads must of been reading the post as i typed it !!:D

I will order some tomorrow and let u know when i get them.

P.s did anyone hear about a meeting a few weeks ago between the gun dealers of ireland and the minister were they said they were going to be banning rifles now aswell as pistols ???? poss just idel sh!t talk !!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

NUTTA1 wrote: »
    P.s did anyone hear about a meeting a few weeks ago between the gun dealers of ireland and the minister were they said they were going to be banning rifles now aswell as pistols ???? poss just idel sh!t talk !!! :confused:

Got a link or proof of this alleged meeting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 NUTTA1

No mate no proof, a mate heard it from a fella at work who heard it from a garda !!!

Like I said poss just idel sh!t talk mate I am sure little old me would be the last to know, its just I am looking into getting a new rifle soon and was wondering if I needed to speed it up or forget about it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Haven't heard anything of that sort myself, and would not be remotely amused to hear it. Pistols are in dispute alright, but I can't see rifles coming under any real threat. They just don't have the same negative publicity pistols do, even if it is undeserved.

Advertisement