Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSIA - Pension

Options
  • 22-02-2009 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I put in a lump sum from my SSIA into a pension but could now do with the money for personnal current use. I understand that I would lose the extra benefit as part of the scheme at that time but is there any other deterrant to me cashing in the pension lump sum or is there a minimum time frame for me to leave it in?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Buckiefc wrote: »
    I put in a lump sum from my SSIA into a pension but could now do with the money for personnal current use. I understand that I would lose the extra benefit as part of the scheme at that time but is there any other deterrant to me cashing in the pension lump sum or is there a minimum time frame for me to leave it in?

Thanks

Without knowing specifics, I cannot be very helpful.

However, you are likely to be unable to cash in the fund, but there are several scenarios where you may be.

Can you elaborate on where, and when, you put the lump sum? Are you making monthly/annual contributions?

Advertisement