Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design and Communication Graphics Project - End Date??

Options
  • 23-02-2009 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

yes i know, another thread about this damn project.

but does anyone know when it has to be in by please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

This Friday, February 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

No, it's March 6th.

They pushed back the date by a week.

Are you sure?

Yes, it's March 6th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

Chances of me getting this done on time >¦ ¦<

Suppose hypothetically one were to do part of the project at home, can they check it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Chances of me getting this done on time >¦ ¦<

Suppose hypothetically one were to do part of the project at home, can they check it?

They can check up on the solidworks files afaik, but you could do sketching or the like at home, ive told my teacher ive done my output 3 sketch, just havnt got around to it yet, ill do it sometime and just bring it in, or thats the plan anyway!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Jasonsc

i done most of mine at home...we were never told that we couldn't :S

ty for replies all
    /thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

timmywex wrote: »
    They can check up on the solidworks files afaik, but you could do sketching or the like at home, ive told my teacher ive done my output 3 sketch, just havnt got around to it yet, ill do it sometime and just bring it in, or thats the plan anyway!:cool:

And it's really simple to get past it too,teachers are just saying it too scare you but if i wanted to do it at home i could of done,and they wouldn't of been able to find out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Ricky91t wrote: »
    And it's really simple to get past it too,teachers are just saying it too scare you but if i wanted to do it at home i could of done,and they wouldn't of been able to find out..

well solidworks files can be checked but any other stuff is fine really

Ricky91t wrote: »

They cant expect teachers to either! :D

Theres no way a teacher can remember the ins and outs of 20 peoples projects!

Personally i only did my sketchs at home, kinda traced them aswelll :D:eek:

• Advertisement

timmywex wrote: »

Personally i only did my sketchs at home, kinda traced them aswelll :D:eek:

I've taken the lazy way out on more than one occasion aswell!
    It cuts down time spent sketchin by about 75% for me anyway.
    But only a small few are traced, just the very detailed ones.

Yes, it's March 6th.

Depends on the school. Some got a one week extension, others are given some leniency in regards to the project. For example, we can make any effort whatsoever on Output 6 and get good marks.

Finished mine today, by the way :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Depends on the school. Some got a one week extension, others are given some leniency in regards to the project. For example, we can make any effort whatsoever on Output 6 and get good marks.

Finished mine today, by the way :D:D:D:D

I doubt that it differs between schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

How is that? Your projects are sent away to an examiner, examiners are going to get projects from more than one school, how can he just discriminate and say I'll let these ones get away with anything they like for output 6. The March 6th date is supposed to be for everyone, it's stated on one of the department websites.

If that was the case then any teacher could just put in a note with all the projects or exam scripts in any subject and tell them to give a bit of special treatment....something tells me thats not how it works...

Heggy wrote: »
    How is that? Your projects are sent away to an examiner, examiners are going to get projects from more than one school, how can he just discriminate and say I'll let these ones get away with anything they like for output 6. The March 6th date is supposed to be for everyone, it's stated on one of the department websites.

I'm only telling you what I've been told. From what it says here, a lot of people have been given the March 6th date. We asked our teacher, who knew nothing about it.

Now about a month or two ago, he told us that because we got the exam papers late, we were told that any decent effort at Output 6 would get good marks.

A school 15km away got the March 6th date as well, so it looks to me like its different with different schools.

I know, it doesn't make sense to me either, but thats the way it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

http://examinations.ie/exam/Pract_LC_EV_2009.pdf

I think everyone got the project a bit late, that's why the date was pushed back.

Well, like I said, thats what we've been told

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭-ilikeshorts

your teacher is just choosing not to tell you so youll get it done thats what ours was doing and theres no leniency being given to anybody thats all bs

Well, like I said, thats what we've been told

Youve been fed lies, all projects are due by the 6th of march, all projects will be marked the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I'm nearly finished this damn thing. Just have a bit of sketching to do over the weekend and a small bit of SolidWorks to finish off so I should have it done by Monday. Have most sheets printed off too.

That photo realistic thing wrecked my head. Will be glad to see the back of this project so i can focus on other things!

. For example, we can make any effort whatsoever on Output 6 and get good marks.
    Yeah... I can't see anyone being told they can just do whatever for output 6 and get good marks. Sounds like your teacher is pulling your leg tbh.

Advertisement