Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milan

• 23-02-2009 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭

Im headin to Milan with the girlfriend for 4 nights in March, Im wonderin if anyone has any recommendations for what to do there, We would be interested in places to go sightseeing and where the best nightlife for people in their twenties, also is it possible to get tickets for the san siro at the gates, its Inter vs Fiorentina playin
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

i was in milan at the start of the month,
    for obvious reasons, youd wana go see the last supper, but be warned, you HAVE to book it in advanced, i believe its like a 4 or more day thing.

now, as in nightlife, i will say steer clear of the corsa como area,
    very expensive nightclubs, and arsehole bouncers.
    usually 20 euro in, and 10 for a drink.

we were in a place called rolling stone, its a very cool place,
    one part plays rock music, and the other has dance music,
    nice atmosphere, and i met a few friendly people in there.
    say your over in italy as a student and you get in cheaper.
    i dont know the exact location of it, but just say it to the taxi driver and he should know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭encyclopedia

We had planned to go to see the last supper so that advice is really helpful, we shall check that club out also :)
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 zemphis

We were in Milan last November and went to see Inter vs Panathinaikos. I don't know about getting tickets at the gate but we booked them online at http://www.inter.it/en/biglietti/acquista.html. We booked them about a week before the matc and then collected them at the gate. The one thing to remember is that you need your passport with you to get the tickets and get into the match.

As to things to see and do, I would second Br4tPr1nc3's recommendation to see The Last Supper and as well, book it as soon as you can. I booked it about three weeks before we went and could only get an 8.30am time slot! They only let 15 or 20 people in at a time.

Also go and see the Duomo, it's magnificant. We also went to see Castello Sforzesco which is well worth a visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

There is an area called Naviglio which is the canal area and it has loads of bars / pubs / restuarants

Match Tickets - You can buy these outside the ground in the boots. There is also a free bus from the Metro Station to the match. It's a bit squashed but good to mingle with the locals. No free bus back. It's been 7 years since I was at the San Siro so this may not apply but I would suggest that you relieve your bladder before going to the game as the toilets were a sham especially the womens (hole in the ground)

I would definately try and see an opera at La Scala. Again you would probably have to book in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Ironbars

thegills wrote: »
    There is an area called Naviglio which is the canal area and it has loads of bars / pubs / restuarants

Match Tickets - You can buy these outside the ground in the boots. There is also a free bus from the Metro Station to the match. It's a bit squashed but good to mingle with the locals. No free bus back. It's been 7 years since I was at the San Siro so this may not apply but I would suggest that you relieve your bladder before going to the game as the toilets were a sham especially the womens (hole in the ground)

I would definately try and see an opera at La Scala. Again you would probably have to book in advance.

zempis wrote:
    Also go and see the Duomo, it's magnificant. We also went to see Castello Sforzesco which is well worth a visit.

What I would have suggested. And take a walk down the Via Montenapoleone (stick to Corso Vittorio if you want to buy something for yourself/right beside the duomo)to see all the high end fashion outlets. Enjoy but bring lots of warm cloths. Its still a bit nippy especially in the evening that time of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I went to Milan a few years ago and also went to Florence on a day trip. Train took two and a half hours I think and we stayed around the city for a good 10 hours then got a train back that night. Absolutely brilliant trip, defo would recommend doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭encyclopedia

Back from the trip now and it was a lovely place to go, its a really easy city to get around with the metro, for shopping their is a great street called buenos aires which has plenty of very reasonably priced shops, the duomo is excellant and the painting is interesting, the san siro tour is worth a shout too, we also went to lake como http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Como which is about a half hour away and is the first stop from stadt centrale (the main train station) to zurich. I would advise anybody going to milan to consider this, you can get a mountain lift to the top to see the views and you can get a boat trip for good value (€5) where you get to view the whole area, on the downside i didnt get the impression that it was a good place for goin clubbin and stuff, if anyone wants anymore info on it jus pm me

Advertisement