Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lightroom problem. (version 2.2)

• 23-02-2009 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Not sure how many people use Lightroom but...
    Somehow I knocked of my exif information and it won't show up, I've gone in to my settings for Metadata in LR and everytime I think I've done it correctly obviously I haven't because it is still not showing any exif when I go to properties.
    I end up with just this.
    http://pix.ie/punkrock/839592/exif

Also while we're here how the hell do I get my signature and frame to stay on?
    I put them on in slideshow and then when I upload the picture they are gone too!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

There is a checkbox in the export dialogue, minimise embedded metadata, checking it would strip the exif on export.

The slide show module is for producing slideshows, the effects there don't appear in normal exports, for that you need something like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Still failed.
    This 'export dialogue' where exactly is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭bradnailer

When you hit export from Library there's a window called export, on the right scroll down through the options 6 down "metadata" you may have a box ticked that's not sending the info with the image, the info should still be with the image in Lightroom "I think" :D

'""' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

The error occured when trying to run this command:
    "" -virtual-pixel mirror -bordercolor "rgb(0%,0%,0%)" -background "rgb(0%,0%,0%)" -gravity northwest -extent 3335x3744 -border -0x-0 -quality 100 -strip "C:\Users\MRBREN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\LR-9.jpg"

That Mogrify failed too!
    I get the above message when I try to export..and I donated £2 as well!!!

Nowt ticked for metadata, completely stumped for that.

WTF is

"" -virtual-pixel mirror -bordercolor "rgb(0%,0%,0%)" -background "rgb(0%,0%,0%)" -gravity northwest -extent 3335x3744 -border -0x-0 -quality 100 -strip "C:\Users\MRBREN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\LR-9.jpg"

I don't get why your running commands or maybe it's way over my head, I've got an older version.
    There still should be a copy of the original file/image you uploaded with all the data attached. Maybe the data doesn't get transferred with the adjustments your making to the image, borders etc

• Advertisement

That was for the lightroom plug in...seperate issue. :p

I always had my lr2 Exif info working before, its like I've ticked what you thought I might have done, but I don't see it!!

I think clicking the box I'm talking about limits the info sent with your image

Maybe you should post this in Digital Darkroom

mAYBE i'M NOT A MEMBER THERE, :(

AR when you export from LR to your hard drive, before you upload to pix.ie, is the exif in the file? (right click and properties, then details tab)

Actually NO.

• Advertisement

Can you see the exif in LR? In the metadata tab in the library.

It might be no harm to post up a screen shot of your export window settings

Ok here goes...........

CF0D6F08163640B9AA5F978A87C970B3-800.jpg
    In pic 1 you see to the right default is to default and preset to none, even if I change that it fails to show the exif and reverts back to none too.
    although I do know and see that the sync settings and sync metadata are greyout and I can't seem to get them 'on' to test if thats the problem.

Pic 2
    Ignore Mogrify on the left as I tried before and after testing etc (also my mogrify fails!!)
    94C5DDABF55144E4B05F573B7E56DFF1-800.jpg

Pic 3

see everything is unticked.
    193BE6220BF6454BA99BBF3D7232F146-800.jpg

OK, LR seems to have the exif intact, I cant see the metadata part of the export box on your screenshot, it should be like the one I've attached.

You could try using one of the export presets like burn full size jpegs, and see if it's included there.

Ok, I think I finally have the problem solved and know what's been causing it.

Oh yeah I'd better tell yas..... :p
    Nilhig's last jpg attatchment was telling....everytime I was exporting a picture this box was reticking and because at the same time I was trying to get Mogrify to work that was making it tick and distracting me.
    Here is the proof of the pudding.
    http://pix.ie/punkrock/840420/exif

Now if I could only get this Magrify plug in to export a pic, it tells me the plug in is active.....I know I had to d/l a .dll file and surely tat was done correctly if the plug in is showing as active...
    This is the message I get when I go to logs.

'""' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

The error occured when trying to run this command:
    "" -virtual-pixel mirror -quality 100 -strip "C:\Users\MRBREN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\LR-5-3.jpg"

Thanks again Nilhg and to a lesser extent Bradley. :D

/edit
    Actually a new box has opened in export and it wants 'path of mogrify application'

Going through the Mogrify folder now trying to find it.

To a lesser extent it was a pleasure:p

Finally!
    Worked it out!! Mogrify....Borders etc

Feels great after wasting hours hitting your head against a wall.

/ironic edit

Not a fan of it at all.

/edit
    Actually a new box has opened in export and it wants 'path of mogrify application'

Going through the Mogrify folder now trying to find it.

If the export image preset you have set up yourself has that check box ticked, then unticking it only works on the occasion you untick it. the next time you use the preset the box will again be ticked. You can update the preset by right clicking on it and selecting update with current settings.

If you did a standard install of imagemagick then the path should be

C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.4.1-Q16\mogrify.exe

You need to double click on various parts of the LT/Mogrify box to open them, when they are active they will have a chack mark beside them.

I got it working lol, read back!
    Not a fan of it at all, it's not user friendly, I liked the way if you were printing in LR you could do the borders/sig there, not mad on the way Mogrify handles it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I got it working lol, read back!
    Not a fan of it at all, it's not user friendly, I liked the way if you were printing in LR you could do the borders/sig there, not mad on the way Mogrify handles it.

I agree, took me ages to figure it out too. I find you might have to export a few times to get the right border/sig combination, because of the lack of a preview.

Advertisement