Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Help] Watching TV Online

Options
  • 23-02-2009 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to watch TV online - RTE, TV3, Sky or BBC please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

I know magnet broadband have a service that allows you to watch certain channels on the internet, you can also watch RTE through their website...as for BBC, there is no legal way to watch it online:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

www.rte.ie, www.tv3.ie, www.tg4.tv, www.bbc.co.uk

Please be aware that not all programs will be available and you will see nothing from the BBC unless you are in the UK or use a UK proxy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Moved from Satellite

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The vast majority of BBC programming is available via iPlayer but this cannot be accessed in Ireland, Channel 4 however operate 4 On Demand which happily does operate in Ireland...or atleast it did lasttime I used it back in March 2008 :)

Irish channels offer very limited and in my view poor quality services like RTE'S streaming service, its ok but no where near the same quality of iPlayer.

After that there is no legal way to watch TV content in Ireland on your Internet connection,

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Also have quality approaching cable or Satellite you would need a 20Mbps connection and the server end would have to peak at 5Mbps (1.5Mbps average) per user assuming best codecs, or 7.5Mbps average 24Mbps peak for HD.

The main UK channels including some HD are free on satellite after one off cost and the four Irish channels via aerial. About x4 to x20 Internet quality and not hurting your cap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

For Sky there's http://skyplayer.sky.com which is already free for some Sky satellite subscribers, or can be subscribed to on it's own. It's also available in Ireland as well. There's only a few channels currently, but plenty being added soon.

Advertisement