Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2cv wanted

• 23-02-2009 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

hi, as stated above im looking for a citroen 2cv, any help would be appreciated icon7.gif
    joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

joed571 wrote: »
    hi, as stated above im looking for a citroen 2cv, any help would be appreciated icon7.gif
    joe

Hey Joe,

Everything depends on what you're looking for i suppose... A mint one? Or a project?...

Prices have just gone through the roof over the last couple of years, with unrestored late ones fetching €10k + in some countries... Thankfully, IRL + UK are not that bad... Yet!!! This is defo the time to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭joed571

im looking for a good one,its for my mother inlaw:)have seen a few in the uk for about 3k.stg. she likes the two colour ones..thanks again

Hey,

i sent you a pm with my phone number. Ring me if you want more info.

cheers

thanks dave, will pass it on to her she could probably do with some help :D do you know of any for sale:)

I don't, no. Cos i haven't looked lately. I've 2 of them, which is more than enough for me...

A few things you need to consider. 2CVs with a galvanised chassis will be a safer option, rust wise. However, the galvanised chassis, being stiffer and heavier, kills the ride in my opinion. But i guess that someone that hasn't owned 2CVs like myself, wouldn't know the difference :-)

RHD ones are available in the UK for decent money. Most of them would be late 80s models, quite a few of them were made in Portugal. If you can, avoid the portuguese ones. I'll be able to tell you how you can recognise them.

Should you be willing to consider a LHD one, then you've a lot more options. The RHD ones are not available as vintage (unlesss you're willing to go for a 1950s Slough built one, which i will not recommend)... Passing an NCT on a 2CV is difficult, very difficult, but not impossible. The NCT centers are not really equipped to test these cars, so the success rate depends entirely on the goodwill of the tester, and that's where, in many cases, the problem lies.

• Advertisement

she was looking at this one http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C78141
    she has never drivin one so she wouldnt no the difference in the chassis.she has always wanted one

joed571 wrote: »
    she was looking at this one http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C78141
    she has never drivin one so she wouldnt no the difference in the chassis.she has always wanted one

Good stuff. If she's happy enough with the money, i'd say go for it...The seat covers look a bit dodgy, but that's not an issue at all. Brand new seat cost between €100 and €200 :-)

The roof seems in vgc as well, but again, it's very cheap if it isn't (between €150 - €200).

will let her know:)
    thanks for the advice

Tell here to ring me any time if she wants advice on what to look out for...

will do ;)

• Advertisement

Also, get a VRT quote before you actually make a decision...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

I remember Top Gear had one on a runway on their show a while back. Maybe they still have it..

Needs a little TLC though
    hgahaha

:D seen it, not sure about that one:D

Advertisement