Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France v Wales (pre/during/post thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Opportunity for France to take the lead here, I think it was M Williams offside.

Parra just pulls his attempt left by a shade.

48mins: France 13 Wales 13.

Try France, Heymans.

Great finish to go through/around four Welsh defenders.

Parra hit the post with the conversion.

54mins: France 18 Wales 13

Bennett, Peel and Henson on for Wales as they change it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

This should pop the bubble now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Nearly messed that up, Heymans did really well

chupacabra wrote: »
    I've 20 squid on for a 20 - 20 draw... who knows...

Missed conversion means that you can't win your bet now, hard luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

I think the French team deserve to win, they are a different team to when we played them. They have a fire in their eyes and are not afraid to execute! Wales I think were a bit more complacent about this match after beating England.

robo wrote: »
    I think the French team deserve to win, they are a different team to when we played them. They have a fire in their eyes and are not afraid to execute! Wales I think were a bit more complacent about this match after beating England.

Wales were in a bubble of confidence (patten pending im waiting for Hook to coin this) and it's just about disappeared.

Now this resembles the Wales we all knew in 2007 (Pre & During RWC,) clueless.

Another Parra kick clips the post, after a great start that's two penalties and a conversion he's missed.

65mins: France 18 Wales 13.

Wow France hit the post twice, game could be all but over if they had made them

• Advertisement

They really shouldn't be missing such penalties!
    The French are looking for opportunities and taking them with both hands...the Welsh are watching from the sideline for France to hand them a try...that is not how it works if you want to be a world class team!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

any streams?? mine just went down??

Trinh-Duc with a dropgoal attempt after a Jauzion break to bring them into the Welsh 22. Missed to the right.

More French attacks and Wales concede another penalty. Hook is now on at outhalf for Jones.

Parra gets the French penalty to put a gap of 8 points between them with ten minutes to go.

70mins: France 21 Wales 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

What an amazing game - must be the match of the tournament so far. Harinordoquy and Shanklin both playing very well. Never realised just how lazy Chabal is.

Hook with a penalty for Wales, to bring them back to five points. Would have been 7 points except for an outstanding try-saving tackle on Byrne by Dusautoir.

72mins: France 21 Wales 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Buestraud really loves lining up those tackles from long winded passes.

Bloody wires over the pitch are interferring with the kicks :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

This is exciting stuff.

• Advertisement

At this stage Wales don't deserve to win, if they steal it at the death here the French will rue the missed penalties and conversion.

France WIN!!!!!!!!!

Fulltime: France 21 Wales 16 - outstading by France, especially when they went ten down. I didn't want a Welsh loss for Irish reasons, I want the best team to win, and the French fully deserved to beat Wales tonight.

Brilliant, lovely stuff. That gives us some leverage in some way with tomorrow. Let's hope this is the downfall of Wales in this years tournament.

Good match!
    Now I hope that the Irish team watched this as we have a great opportunity now!

Happy with that :) France could have thrown it away there at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

wow that was tense, i really thought wales were in near the end.the atmosphere in paris sounded amazing.

Finally got one right for a change
    Stev_o wrote: »
    It is a slightly bad team that is short of confidence and ideas but bearing in mind that the shackles seemed to come off against Wales and they started to believe in themselves they looked dangerous. Mean look at Wales, they riding in a bubble of confidence if someone gets at them again as hard as England i think it could easily burst.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Fantastic game. I was nearly as nervous in the last couple of minutes as during an Irish match. Roll on tomorrow evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭barnesd

eoin wrote: »
    What an amazing game - must be the match of the tournament so far. Harinordoquy and Shanklin both playing very well. Never realised just how lazy Chabal is.

Was quality but Ireland v France was better imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The last 10 minutes made for what was an awful 2nd half Welsh performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Good game. The French should have won by more. Delighted Henson threw it away at the end. No better man!

Hard up in their faces really limits the Welsh gameplan. If you stop them getting over the gainline they're not that special, Ireland should take them.

Advertisement