Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minus XP?

• 23-02-2009 4:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Howdy,

On a few occasions ive noticed that after a game (usually a game in which ive leveled up) that my xp counter shoots past the end of the bar and reads something like "-123". This usually continue after 2 or 2 games with the minus figure increasing i.e "-222", "-545" once it even went as far as "-843".

Eventually it goes back to normal but the level is deleted and i have to begin gaining xp for the next level again.

Also while it reads a minus number I am on the newer, higher level, but if anything was due to be unlocked on this level ie perks or weapons they remain unavailable.

I first spotted this in WaW for what i thought was poor play ie friendly fire, camping etc. But it seems to be random and i have com across it in MW.

Whats the story is it a glitch or is it indeed poor play?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Yeah it's pretty annoying. I scored over 3000XP on a HQ Shipment game and it didn't count, its happens alot for me. Im with NTL/UPC, and the guys who i have seen post about it on other COD4 forums are also from Ireland and with NTL/UPC.

It's been happening since May for me. But i don't mind anymore, im at 55 10th Prestige so XP aint important anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Its when you're so bad at the game that it decides not only to not give you points, but actually take away from you for sucking so hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

That happens to me quite a bit too, Im on ntl aswell so im presuming it has something to do with that from what oatesy said. Happens me at least once a week. HAvn't played much waw in the last few weeks but still happens a lot on cod4. Very very irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Its when you're so bad at the game that it decides not only to not give you points, but actually take away from you for sucking so hard.

Oh you wanna go?, my MP5 is waiting to own someone.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

KamiKazi wrote: »

Hahaha /thread.
    What system ye guys playing Cod on, console?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Ya had this happen a few times as well with NTL on ps3. Your xp continues to count or it does with me sometimes it would go all the way untill I get another level up then its all fine again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

this has been addressed in yesterdays patch
    Addressed in this Update:
    * Added support for downloadable maps – free downloadable map “Makin Day” now available to Xbox 360 & PS3.
    * Improved host migration functionality.
    * After Action Report now displays full post-game stats.
    * Nazi Zombies is now unlocked for solo & co-op games for EVERYONE in both private and public games!
    * Added defensive measures to prevent “Stats Reset” when corrupt data is detected.
    * Addressed issues where some solo progression data was lost when a player had collected Death Cards in a split-screen co-op game.
    * Patched all known MP map exploits – this fix will also prevent players from passing through geometry/terrain if a new hole is discovered.
    * Patched a number of Nazi Zombie exploits.
    * Addressed an issue commonly referred to as the “elevator glitch.”
    * Disabled “Rocket Jumping” – this eliminates the extra boost created by all explosive weapon types.
    * Addressed some score reporting anomalies in the War and CTF leaderboards.
    * Blocked the ability of players with lower level accounts from accessing higher-level Perks.
    * Addressed an issue in Search & Destroy where bomb planting/defusing was disabled when opening the overhead map.
    * Disabled ability to get unlimited ammo when prone with a deployed bipod.
    * Addressed an issue with Bouncing Betties triggering when the player is within the detonation radius but behind a solid wall.
    * Improved squad functionality.
    * Fixed an exploit where Hardcore matches could be ended immediately by team killing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Sounds good as long as it all works. Used to hate them glitchs.

Advertisement