Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair..booking online.

Options
  • 23-02-2009 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I am booking a flight soon online with ryanair, just wondering do they post you the tickets in the mail and how soon before the flight?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

You don't get a ticket, you get an email with a flight confirmation number, you need to bring this with you at check-in.

You can also check-in online before you go to the airport but you need to print off your boarding pass if you do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 boards.iemember

Thank you, its much appreciated. I dont have a printer:confused: do i need to bring the actual form or can I just write down what i need,thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Go to an internet café and pint off the boarding pass. They scan the barcode on it, so you can't just write down the details.

If you are doing online check in then you need to print the boarding pass

If you are only booking the flight online and want to check in at the airport then you just need to write down the flight confirmation number.

Please note the flight confirmation number is not the same as the flight number.

The flight confirmation number might look like this:
    YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER IS: R1SX6Y (the letters and numbers will be different to this example)

Ryanair flight numbers usually begin with 'FR' so you might have FR288 or FR3005.

/Be aware that by the end of the year Ryanair are getting rid of check in desks at airports so you will only be able to check in online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

r3nu4l wrote: »
    /Be aware that by the end of the year Ryanair are getting rid of check in desks at airports so you will only be able to check in online.
    At around 30k euro in Dublin airport annually you can see why they don't want check in desks.

• Advertisement

If you are doing online check in then you need to print the boarding pass

If you are only booking the flight online and want to check in at the airport then you just need to write down the flight confirmation number.

Please note the flight confirmation number is not the same as the flight number.

The flight confirmation number might look like this:
    YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER IS: R1SX6Y (the letters and numbers will be different to this example)

Ryanair flight numbers usually begin with 'FR' so you might have FR288 or FR3005.

Thanks very much:D

Excellent! I wont be checking in online,just purchasing the ticket..so guess it will be easy enough :) !!

Just make sure you have your passport with you as well as the flight confirmation number (double check you wrote the number down correctly!) :)

Just make sure you have your passport with you as well as the flight confirmation number (double check you wrote the number down correctly!) :)
    Sure will..thanks again:)

purchased the ticket...

Your booking is complete, this is your Itinerary/Receipt.
    Please print this page and bring it with you when you check-in along with the required form of valid form of photo id (see below).

It says here I need to PRINT the page :sad: Its the page where the conformation number is..what to do? :confused:

sorry..im so dumb.

I want to check in at the airport.

Yes, print it all. And don't forget to check in online too!

• Advertisement

beertons wrote: »
    Yes, print it all. And don't forget to check in online too!
    i wont be checking in online:confused:

Ok. Just print it all out and bring it up to the airport with you. Go to the desk, they'll give you instructions on what to do, and away yo go. Where ya going?:D

Advertisement