Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2 teaser

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sweet, cant wait for this. Absolutly loved the first one, and if they learn from the mistakes of it (Mako, inventory management etc), then even better.

Nice teaser as well. Cant wait for them to release a proper trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Let's hope elevator technology has advanced in the sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

K.I.A.?

quad_red wrote: »
    Let's hope elevator technology has advanced in the sequel.
    I'd prefer the elevators to a screen with LOADING in big blue letters.
    JCDenton wrote: »
    K.I.A.?
    I doubt it tbh. Maybe he gets disavowed by the council/alliance for some reason, and they see it as better to say that he was killed or something. Either that, or he is dead, and you'll play the game as a different character, following in his footsteps (similar to KOTOR2).

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Its been confirmed that the game will make use of your Mass Effect save files and the story will carry on from where you left off, with the lead character from the first being referred to as male/female or good/evil depending on how you played the first game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd prefer the elevators to a screen with LOADING in big blue letters.

For some reason, I'd prefer the honesty of that!

I really enjoyed Mass Effect. But hopefully they will improve loading times and streamline the graphics engine. The ingame pop up etc was disconcerting.

And hopefully they'll optimise it for the 360 so using the hard drive install feature reduces loading times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Also, there'll be new DLC for the first one before the second game is released.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57261

Azza wrote: »
    Its been confirmed that the game will make use of your Mass Effect save files and the story will carry on from where you left off, with the lead character from the first being referred to as male/female or good/evil depending on how you played the first game.
    I figured they'd do it like in KOTOR2, where the new player character is asked a load of questions ('Reven was a chick, right?' or 'Man, that Revan chick was an evil bitch, right?', but it would be great if it picked certain choices that you made during the first game (
    Rachni Queen, Convincing Saren to kill himself, which character got killed, Wrex alive/dead, etc...
    ) and showed you some consequences from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

quad_red wrote: »
    For some reason, I'd prefer the honesty of that!

I really enjoyed Mass Effect. But hopefully they will improve loading times and streamline the graphics engine. The ingame pop up etc was disconcerting.

And hopefully they'll optimise it for the 360 so using the hard drive install feature reduces loading times!

Elevators were way cooler. You can pan your camera around and look at your team....and they would chat to each other while you waited. Some of the lines they would come out with were quite funny too. The only problem i found was the elevator on your ship, the Normandy. It only went about 10 feet and you are always alone. The bottom deck should've loaded with the rest of the ship tbh and just had a small stairwell.

Loading screens break the immersion.....heavily. Ever notice when you are running around in GTA or FarCry2 or Fallout 3? Seamless loading. Its the way to go. Only time it stops and loads is when you enter a building...and thats usually only about 2 seconds.

As for the pop-in.....its a symptom of the Unreal3 engine. Mass effect 1 was developed back before developers were aloud to use hard drive caching. Microsoft allows it now......so it will be almost completely gone for the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Did ye ever play the first two Suikoden games? In the second, you could use your save from the first at the start. Later in the game, you could meet your character from the first and he'd join you (keeping the stats from your old save). It'd be super cool if your Sheperd joined your party in ME2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Mr. K wrote: »
    Did ye ever play the first two Suikoden games? In the second, you could use your save from the first at the start. Later in the game, you could meet your character from the first and he'd join you (keeping the stats from your old save). It'd be super cool if your Sheperd joined your party in ME2!

That idea is pretty awesome to be honest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

looks good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Shepards definitely not dead (I hope). Looks like some propaganda stunt pulled by the cerebrus crowd. In saying that, I cant wait for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was a massive fan of the first game and am really excited to play this next game. I want to see where the story goes but also see how the incorporate the choices you made in the first game.

I really, really hope it comes to the PlayStation 3. We already know it is multiplatform, just not which platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I was a massive fan of the first game and am really excited to play this next game. I want to see where the story goes but also see how the incorporate the choices you made in the first game.

I really, really hope it comes to the PlayStation 3. We already know it is multiplatform, just not which platforms.

Yeh its going to be interesting to see what happens with that. Bioware are giving a tech demo at GDC next month so I reckon they will announce the platforms next month.

Its leading towards been on the PS3 with the fact EA are the publishers but Microsoft have a nack of announcing console exclusives at gaming events like GDC.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Rubbed myself gently after seeing this trailer. Exciting times ahead! Now wheres that second lot of DLC???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭Niska

FreeOSCAR wrote: »

Its leading towards been on the PS3 with the fact EA are the publishers but Microsoft have a nack of announcing console exclusives at gaming events like GDC.

I'd say the chances of a PS3 version are good. If the Dragon Origins delay is anything to go by (PC version pushed back a few months so it will launch at the same time as the console versions - "synergising" advertising material etc) it will be available on 360, PS3 and PC at the same time - i.e. no 6+ months waiting for the PC this time.

Advertisement