Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completed Reiki 1 this weekend...

Options
  • 23-02-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

So, thanks to some posters advice I did a weekend Reiki 1 with Brian McCullen and it was great. Im feeling very balanced and a little out of it truth be told.

But it seems like soooooo much in just 2 very short days. He said in Japan they spend too years getting to Reiki 1 and its just amazing that now we are healers - mind you on ourselves and family/friends - so quickly.

Anyway, it was such a lovely experience though at times I felt like I wasnt getting any of it. One girl who always had a psychic sence or whatever seemed to take alot of the focus (she showed us loads of photos of orbs on her camera and even brought it in and took a photo of the room we were in where; just one orb showed itself over one girls head) and another girl actually suffered a panic attack (though she managed to hold it internally) which was transfered from the lady she was healing. Bless her. So there were lots of pull from the other members when really you'd love just 3 or 4 people in your class rather than 7 which there were in mine.

So Im feeling like ive had all this powerful information given to me and then left on a mountain to find my own way home if ya know what I mean. Anyway,...just had to share me thoughts. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Hi Doolee, glad you enjoyed the class. It can seem like a lot to take on initially, however through the self treatments, you really get a sense of what reiki is about. Any questions, feel free to ask here, as well as asking Brian.

I gave a healing to a friend at the weekend, who had never had a healing before, and what she described was mind blowing, for someone who did not know what to expect etc.

If you can get to a share, either Brian's or elsewhere, it would definitely help IMHO. Even though due to other commitments at the moment, I am unable to attend Brian's shares, I do try to go to one of Ellie's shares (www.xhale.ie), however think they are on hold at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Thanks MysticalSoul,

Brian is having meetups in March so will try make one then, but like you its hard for me to commit. Its a lot of responsibility though do you find? Like in reality, theres soooo much power that we have been thought how to channel even in Reiki 1 im afraid of doing damage to someone or interfering where I shouldnt if that makes sense. But I guess I should just wait until after the 21 days, get some parctice on myself.
    How did you get on in the 21 days after? Did you just listen to his cd and meditate or did you self heal every day? Just wondering. Thanks, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I bought a reiki cd, which I still use now in my self treatments. During the 21 day cleanse I used the meditation on a need be basis, as felt the 21 day cleanse was enough to focus on - but now I alternate every other day. One night I will meditate (whether with Brian's or another of my choosing), and the other self healing. It helps me to create time for myself too.

If you ensure that you use your protection, and that the intention is for the higher good of a person, it is hard to do damage. Just try to trust, as the spirit/angels/guides etc. will take the energy to where it is needed.

If in doubt when healing someone, doing some grounding work on them, is also beneficial. I was doing a healing on a friend at the weekend, where she got a fright (due to her level of clairvoyance, which she was not expecting), so grounded her to bring her back to the here and now helped with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

Hi Doolee,

I recently did Reiki 1 also. I know what you are saying about feeling unsure what do next. Just go through the 21 days, keep practising when you can.
    You will find lots of stuff will come up during the 21 days, maybe stuff you hadn't thought about for a long time or didn't even know about. Its a great feeling at the end.

i have only been to one Reiki share but it was great, really helped me to focus and trust what I was doing. I was told that as long as your intention is positive and for the persons greater good then you cannot do any harm, as Mystical Soul put it, the energy goes where it is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback. Its great to be in touch with other Reiki lovers. My 1st week of the 21 days has gone really well. Im lucky enough not to be working at the moment (just realised what I typed! I am lucky because it allows me time to really get into these 21 days, plus theres work on the horizen in a few weeks so...) The self healing is going well and its just about really feeling where the energy is and where you need to spend more time on and whether its a hot or colder feeling. Amazing really. Been doing loads of reading and web surfing so its all going great. Also have my first meeting on Monday night which should be great as I havent practiced on anyone else yet (my friends/family arnt so interested just yet but they will be soon I think) so will be great to feel someone elses energy which aparently will be stronger and easier to feel than my own. Cant wait.

Thanks again everyone. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement