Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A1 GP.

• 23-02-2009 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭

Surprised not to see a post on this recently, did anyone watch the race's this weekend? I don't think Ireland will win the championship this year but will finish a close second, portugal and switzerland are getting the hang of the car now and won't be seen for dust, Carroll is to prone to a few mistakes to, did the second driver get a run this year yet? i can't recall him doing so, and does he need to get a certain amount of races per year? if not whats the point in having multiple drivers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

carroll has been amazing this season but he still has a very good chance of winning the championship so i wouldnt rule him out.jani and alberqurque are driving great as well so it wont be easy for carroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

It was a poor result for team Ireland last weekend all right. I wouldn't rule them out at all yet though. If they are still come brans hatch anything can happen. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

If Carroll drives the remaining races like he drove in that feature race then we wont win a thing.

Driving around the outside of someone puts you at their mercy, and since they cant win the title why would they care. Carroll should have exercised a brain cell at the start, and sat back. Then picked em off. He had , like, 50 odd laps to do it ffs.

To finish first blah blah blah.

If Quinn is driving we are screwed, he couldn even beat a bunch of amateurs at a Kart meeting at christmas :p:p:p . . dont even think he made the final, :pac::pac: ***

***I jest ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Iridium

I'm a little confused about the current standings. At the start of the season I thought I remembered A1 GP ruling that only the best 8 out of 9 weekend scores would count toward the championship. This was due to not enough cars being supplied for the opening round and some teams had to sit out the first race.

So far Ireland's worst weekend score is a big fat 0 at Zandvoort. This was also Switzerland's worst weekend but they scored 4 points. Making these adjustments still leaves Ireland in first place overall by a point, by my calculations.

But I haven't seen any of the websites that cover motorsport bring this up. So have the series just decided that all 9 race weekends count towards the championship now, or is it still just the best 8 of 9? Anybody know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Iridium wrote: »
    I'm a little confused about the current standings. At the start of the season I thought I remembered A1 GP ruling that only the best 8 out of 9 weekend scores would count toward the championship. This was due to not enough cars being supplied for the opening round and some teams had to sit out the first race.

So far Ireland's worst weekend score is a big fat 0 at Zandvoort. This was also Switzerland's worst weekend but they scored 4 points. Making these adjustments still leaves Ireland in first place overall by a point, by my calculations.

But I haven't seen any of the websites that cover motorsport bring this up. So have the series just decided that all 9 race weekends count towards the championship now, or is it still just the best 8 of 9? Anybody know?
    Switzerland wont drop a round until they have finished them all then they will drop their worst result.

• Advertisement
Advertisement