Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7/8ft slim trees

Options
  • 23-02-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know a suitable tree or shrub that will grow to around 7 or 8 feet in height, and between 3 and 4 in width? I would like to use say 5 or 6 of these to block off my driveway at the back garden (around 5 metres wide), without totally removing all light and losing the length of the garden.

Thanks in advance,
    James.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 redsquirrel

Hi James,

do you want evergreen trees or deciduous?

Red

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jel

Hi James,

do you want evergreen trees or deciduous?

Red

Preferrably evergreen, redsquirrel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 redsquirrel

Cupressus sempervirens ( Italian Cypress) is fast growing, elegant and around 4-5feet wide but can grow to 40feet in height. However, it is easily maintained at the desired height and is slender even when mature.:)

Cupressus sempervirens ( Italian Cypress) is fast growing, elegant and around 4-5feet wide but can grow to 40feet in height. However, it is easily maintained at the desired height and is slender even when mature.:)

Thanks,

40 ft in height seems ridiculously high!

Even something 2-3 ft wide that did not grow to be the size of Godzilla would be perfect. The more narrow they are the more I would use.

jel wrote: »
    Thanks,

40 ft in height seems ridiculously high!

Even something 2-3 ft wide that did not grow to be the size of Godzilla would be perfect. The more narrow they are the more I would use.

I just googled them there and I have to say they look very well.

I think I am sold! Do you know of any nurseries in Dublin that would have these?

• Advertisement
Advertisement