Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac drivers for 3's ZTE-MF622 (Green/Black dongle)

• 23-02-2009 12:00pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to find the mac drivers for the ZTE-MF622.

I downloaded the ones on the Three website but when I try to unzip it it just says 'decompressing' for ages and does nothing. When I tried to unzip it in WinXP it said there were no files to extract.

I'm not sure if anyone has encountered this problem before or if there's an easy answer to it - does anyone know where the drivers might actually be?

I tried the (what I think are the same) ones on the Three.co.uk site and had the same result while the Huwai site doesn't seem to have anything in the way of drivers.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

that thing is a pain in the arse. its nearly impossible to get it to work without drivers because of the mechanism it uses to switch between disk mode (that houses their crappy storage) and the normal virtual serial port mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

can you bypass the software all together and create a new dial up connection to the internet..no username or password, dial number is *99#

this is no use unless the computer knows the modem is there, is it showing up in windows explorer...

the drivers should be on the modem itself, if it's not loading on it could be something on your computer blocking the install....out of date anti virus is a usual suspect...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

can you bypass the software all together and create a new dial up connection to the internet..no username or password, dial number is *99#

this particular modem shows up as a mass storage drive (and only mass storage) until the driver switches it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i've the drivers ready to email, 2.8mb zipped....all I need is an address...

flogen you have a pm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

That worked a treat - many thanks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement