Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunnyhopping in Darkfall

• 23-02-2009 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Despite what you may hear, it isnt actually effective and drains a ton of stamina.
    Unless you have the stuff to counter the stamina loss... then yes, you can bunnyhop to some extent.

Just had a laugh from reading this post on the beta forums:
    Just now we had a human enter our clan city,and we decided to fight the human.

She managed to escape on fairly low hp by 'bunnyhopping' down our hill at a ridiculous speed & height into the coastal water below,basically managing to get enough distance away from the 3 of us that were pursuing her in a matter of 10 seconds.
    I've heard of this before,but this is the first time I've seen it in action in Darkfall.
    And quite frankly,I really hope this ISN'T going to be in release.

Basically,you keep this in and everyone will use it to escape combat by being magically able to gain x2-4 speed away from their attackers using this exploit.

Please devs,fix bunnyhopping! It's clearly an exploit that people have spotted for you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

It's not really a bunny-hop, so much as jumping down a hill and the hill giving you increased momentum. You cant use it on demand, only on slopes and even then, it can cause quite alot of damage to you from fall damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Yeah, its not bunnyhopping giving momentum. Especially considering the stamina drain is bound to every press of the spacebar..
    Just had to laugh at the thread. I've seen one before too about someone complaining about a Mahirim that was jumping while casting and going backwards the whole time. Some ****ty dwarf couldnt close the gap on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Btw, had it confirmed today from a reliable source, that the only reason this brand of bunny hopping is viable, is because fall damage is capped at 20% of hp during beta but that it will not be the case come launch.

This means you can take ~5 jumps down a hill and build some crazy high jumps/speed, but in live you'll splat yourself after the first jump ;)

Advertisement