Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Osama Bin Laden.....dead or alive?

Options
  • 23-02-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

Is he dead or alive?

I presume most people have seen the interview with Benazir Bhutto prior to his assassination where she stated he had been murdered.
    If you haven't, here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnychOXj9Tg

Not expecting a definitive answer, just wondering on your opinion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark_lord_ire

Dead

After sep 11 he was always showing his face on video and also recorded alot of tapes for future broadcasts. If he was alive he would have passed on another video for Obama. I would think bhutto was right but Americans need a body for proof

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I suspect he is dead, but the it was in the interest of the last administration to keep the belief that he was alive to help justify maintaining the military investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Its like in 1984 (book) the way the state keeps the picture of the enemy leader (Emmanuel Goldstein) around just to invoke fear and nationalism, when in all probability this guy is dead. It is easier to concentrate the peoples minds on one individual like Bin Laden than a group of terrorists like Al Queda. In the same way it is easier to create a cult of personality for one person such as Stalin than the communist party in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Killing or capturing Bin Laden would create such a powerful martyrdom symbol - him simply disappearing would be the best option. The mystique would also suit his followers. Best guess, probably dead.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

"The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing people he did not exist"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Dead or alive I don't think it really matters. his idalogy lives on which is as, if not more, dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Zascar wrote: »
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing people he did not exist"
    Ah makiaveli said that(rearrange the words it says i am alive woo)
    I would like to think he had a shave , got a bit more of a tan and changed his name to barrack . Then ran for election and won. Now he just laughs at the people who voted him in.

Advertisement