Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aylmer Park Naas- good area?

Options
  • 23-02-2009 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Thinking of buying a house in Aylmer Park in Naas but I am not from Naas so I would like to know if people have any opinions on the area: is it a nice area? What are the nicest estates/ areas in Naas? Any estates to avoid? Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭r0nanf

Aylmer is nice, albeit a bit out of town. In saying that I do think the north side of Naas is the nicer part - more public spaces, canal, cinema, GAA, new school, access to train and M7 etc.

Naas is generally safe, quiet and settled - honestly it's not like Dublin where it can be difficult to gauge an area. Take a drive around a few different estates and have a look, it's immediately obvious what each one is like from the second you drive in. I moved to Ashgrove from Dublin 3 years ago and couldn't be happier.

I'm loath to name specific estates on the avoid-o-scale as there's nowhere that's Fort Apache or anything, but I would go for the north side ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

Thanks that's helpful. I will be commuting to work in Dublin so I thought maybe the Aylmer side of Naas would be best if I drive to citywest Luas park and ride. Then again maybe it would be better to live closer to the town centre and get the bus?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I lived there for 4 years, 2001-2005.
    It's a nice estate with good green areas, the only issue would be the large amount of rented houses.
    I lived in a cul-de-sac where every 2nd house was rented with up to 5 tenants each due to the converted garages.
    This meant finding a parking space could be fun in the evening or you could be boxed in come the morning.
    I'd advise you to check where your think of buying after 6pm some evening.
    Lots of cars can mean lots of renters.

Rabidlamb do you think Aylmer has a higher percentage of rented houses than other estates in Naas or would you say it's representative of Nass in general?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

SueWho wrote: »
    Rabidlamb do you think Aylmer has a higher percentage of rented houses than other estates in Naas or would you say it's representative of Nass in general?

I'd say Aylmer has more renting than the older estates in Naas but it's no worse than most of the Monread triangle.
    Aylmer & Kerdiff were the final to estates to be built in the Monread triangle so I suppose more investors were in the market then.

All new estates are 20% social plus private investors so the owner occupier rates will only ever be 60-70% at best anyway.
    Aylmer is one of the finest estates in the area, I don't believe you'd be making a mistake to buy there.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help guys- it's always good to hear some opinions! I am very seriously thinking of this area now- really seems nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

If rented thing is an issue the following estates would have a large number of rented houses: monread(all areas), Oldtown, Caragh court, morell (depends on road), mountain view, roseville, oakfield, hazelmere - estates with very few rented: sundays well, roselawn, paddocks, woodlands, kingsfurze, mauldings....... by the way naas is a great spot, you'll love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 DomShelley

Hi,

Not trying to put anyone off or change minds, but you asked for opinions and i'll give mine,

I was brought up in Naas, Esmondale. Moved to Newbridge 15 or 16 years ago, im now 23, Love Newbridge and would never go back to Naas, Different type of people, more friendly in Newbridge, better night life apart from the obvious "Time". Nice Park beside the liffey, easy access to the motorway either end of the town. Some nice new estates.

Monried is full of rented houses, mainly brazilian and polish/latvian.

Have a look at Roseberry and all the houses out that area, there absolutely lovely. And if you ever need settling in then jus give me a buzz, haha.

Best Of Luck,

Advertisement