Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Clearwire before 24 months

Options
  • 23-02-2009 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Im moving abroad and cancelling my Clearwire wireless subscription. However I found the old contract, it mentioned that early cancellation incurs some large penalty (300 or something? Ill find the contract later). If I cancel the DD instruction how can they obtain this amount? It has been a long time since I signed up, cant remember but did I give them a large advance that they keep if I cancel early?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

in reality is is VERY difficult to cancel a DD. Clearwire might just send the request to your bank again and the bank will probably honour it.

Try work it out with Clearwire [maybe reduce to lower package first] or they might send debt collectors after you.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

As far as I know, the cancellation fee is pro-rata, so you divide the cancellation fee by however many months contract you signed, then multiply it by the number of months left, thats how much you will pay.

Obviously use days if you want an exact figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Indeed, hence my suggestion to switch to lowest package :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭JDxtra

You signed a two year contract? Never heard of that outside of business connections. As mentioned, just cancelling the DD is a real bad idea.

Advertisement