Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems

Options
  • 23-02-2009 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Hello, as of since yesterday, my laptop cannot pick up the wireless signal from my eircom broadband. It was fine up until the night before, but now it simply does not pick it up.
    To rule out some obvious suggestions, wireless is turned on, my laptop picks up 3 or 4 other wireless connections from neighbours, including two eircom connections. There is nothing in the way, even if I leave my laptop beside the router it still doesnt pick it up.
    Two other laptops in the house pick up the signal as per usual with no complaints.
    Currently im plugged into the router and all is working fine, but as soon as I plug out, nothing.

Help!:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Forky wrote: »
    Hello, as of since yesterday, my laptop cannot pick up the wireless signal from my eircom broadband. It was fine up until the night before, but now it simply does not pick it up.
    To rule out some obvious suggestions, wireless is turned on, my laptop picks up 3 or 4 other wireless connections from neighbours, including two eircom connections. There is nothing in the way, even if I leave my laptop beside the router it still doesnt pick it up.
    Two other laptops in the house pick up the signal as per usual with no complaints.
    Currently im plugged into the router and all is working fine, but as soon as I plug out, nothing.

Help!:confused:

Is there any possibility that anyone else could have changed the wireless channel that your router is broadcasting on? Some american wireless cards do not pick up the higher numbers. Its a long shot but try changing the wireless channel number downwards.

Advertisement