Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Liverpool [Match Thread] CL Round 2, Leg 1 Wednesday 25 Feb 19.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Headshot wrote: »
    thats a bit unfair on the fans, at least he could say "he wants to stay at pool" or somthing

well there we go, he's not going to resign and wants to win things with liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

He just said on RTE he's not resigning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

thats a bit unfair on the fans, at least he could say "he wants to stay at pool" or somthing
    Real Liverpool fans don't need rafa to justify all the B.S. in the media about his position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rafa has said "torres twisted his ankle"

so he might in trouble for the 2nd leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

wow eamon really going to town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Christ, Dunphy really Hates Rafa!

whats dunphy been smoking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Dunphy is going way over the top now, ridiculous stuff. Schoolboy teams playing like Man United, I ask ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I'm not sure why people are praising Robben so much. His end product was non-existent.

Madrid were a disgrace to be honest. Never looked in the game at home, which is shocking considering they were at home. The fact they lost with Torres clearly crocked and Gerrard not even starting was embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Why he makes perfectly valid points. He says the same things every week about Liverpool because it's the same problem week in week out. Win or no win.

It's the last issue Liverpool have that could win them the league. Ronnie is spot on too, Liverpool are incredibly boring. Definitely prefer watching Utd play football than Liverpool, even though I hate them winning.

in fairness liverpool did win the man utd way tonight 1-0 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dunphy's been at the gin again. What a fecking clownshow.

a curse omfg

now this is a proper rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Dunphy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Dunphy's pissed off cos he blew a week's wages on Rafa resigning.

LATE LATE SHOW Part 2.

Dunphy would rather play great football and win nothing!!

He must be a spurs fan....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Absolutey disgraceful stuff from RTE. I'm glad i don't pay my licence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I'm not sure why people are praising Robben so much. His end product was non-existent.

Madrid were a disgrace to be honest. Never looked in the game at home, which is shocking considering they were at home. The fact they lost with Torres clearly crocked and Gerrard not even starting was embarrassing.

yeah embarrassing just as it was for man utd when they lost to liverpool earlier in the season without gerrard or torres :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

eZe^ wrote: »
    I think he used to play at Mallorca as a kid, so maybe he spent his time on the harbour smoking crack with the Turkish millionaires who sailed in on their big expensive yachts....

This is miles off topic, but are you actually Spanish? Just something I've been wondering for some random reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

hilarious,think i just heard rafa described as a curse on football!

must have missed the analysis i was promised before the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I'm not watching...I stopped watching RTEs coverage a long time ago as it disgusts me that my tv license money goes to funding that rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

mike65 wrote: »
    Well thats an ecumenical matter for a different thread.

Jesus I miss Father Ted.

rafa has said "torres twisted his ankle"

so he might in trouble for the 2nd leg
    Rafa had him playing for 55 minutes :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Thank god sky block RTE up here dont have to listen to Dunphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

I remember before Trap got appointed, Dunphy saying it was an inspired appointment, great era for Irish football etc etc....now he's slating him, along with Benitez???

He's almost on the verge of doing what he did on the Late Late, cryin, but on a football show.....he's a fcuking registered moron!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

would much rather my schoolboy team played with discipline and to a system like Benitez's team and let them flair it up like it Utd when they're older and pissing about in the phoenix park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Dunphy.............bitter llittle man .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Rafa had him playing for 55 minutes :eek:

Got injured at 22 mins went off at 61 according to the Beeb - cant have been massively serious, especially considering he didn't even want to go off at that stage - more of a knock than anything, I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I laughed at Dunphy's rant! Entertaining as per usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

raven136 wrote: »
    hilarious,think i just heard rafa described as a curse on football!

must have missed the analysis i was promised before the break.

Dunphy is great entertainment when he gets going but he does have a point -i had to watch Chelsea V Juve after watching that first half - Liverpool games are shocking to watch - I thought Madrid would please the eye but no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

what point has he got?!?! Football is about winning, not entertaining the neutral.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    yeah embarrassing just as it was for man utd when they lost to liverpool earlier in the season without gerrard or torres :rolleyes:
    At home, in the last 16 of the Champions League; they didn't have the stomach for Liverpool and decided they weren't arsed. Disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

how can anyone take Dunphy seriously?Hilarious verging on insane,bit like the joker in Batman,never sure whats coming next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I thought it was a good rant, not a great rant.;)

Never really got into full flow and was a bit disjointed.

His analysis was completely off-the-wall and Gilesy interrupting didn't help him any.

Rafa's "rant" was far, far superior. FACT :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Why he makes perfectly valid points. He says the same things every week about Liverpool because it's the same problem week in week out. Win or no win.

It's the last issue Liverpool have that could win them the league. Ronnie is spot on too, Liverpool are incredibly boring. Definitely prefer watching Utd play football than Liverpool, even though I hate them winning.

+1
    Except i rarely watch Utd now
    Because
    I hate them winning.

**father ted can be watched on channel4 web site catch up service

redout wrote: »
    Jesus I miss Father Ted.

its on more4 now

raven136 wrote: »
    how can anyone take Dunphy seriously?Hilarious verging on insane,bit like the joker in Batman,never sure whats coming next.

you see any right mind soccer fan knows Dunphy is stirring the pot,he gets paid to be controversial,

tbh I love rte panel,even when there slagging Ronaldo or berba

its such a brilliant laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

spockety wrote: »
    Every time I watch a Liverpool CL match on RTE, and they win, they don't bother their holes to analyse the match. It's always 20 minutes of sh1te after the final whistle, the exact same bloody script every time. Then 4 minutes of 'analysis', followed by highlights of the other match.

+1, i turned over after watching Chelsea Juve (great game btw) and it took 20 minutes to find out who scored!

Dunphy slated madrid, then said liverpool don't play great football like man-u, barca and madrid!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Pat Dolan on a polar opposite rant to Dunphy right now on Setanta. Cracking.

"Rafa Benitez should get on a plane tomorrow and go on holiday. Say to Liverpool 'fine, see how you do without me'".

"Rafa Benitez is too good for Liverpool, they don't know how good they have it with him"

"Rafa has the X Factor. Liverpool need to look at Ferguson's first few years in charge, and what came after, Liverpool have a chance of doing that with Benitez in charge, the guy is only 48"..

Basically saying it would be absolutely freakin mental for Liverpool to let Rafa go. Give him whatever he wants in his contract.

I know Dunphy goes way over the top but thats why RTE's coverage is second to none - it beats hearing the same usual tripe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wonder who'd win in a fight.

What's he saying?

Dolan is right TBH. Liverpool don't deserve Rafa. The man is a legend. The pressure he was under tonight and he goes to Madrid and makes Real look like ordinary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

That Madrid performance would have beaten Utd.

Well done the lads, lots of work to do at Anfield though.

Warper wrote: »
    I know Dunphy goes way over the top but thats why RTE's coverage is second to none - it beats hearing the same usual tripe

But it's become so tired and cliched that it IS the usual tripe. He's been selling the same story since Jack Charlton's day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

What's he saying?

Not a transcript, but

"Rafa Benitez should get on a plane tomorrow and go on holiday. Say to Liverpool 'fine, see how you do without me'".

"Rafa Benitez is too good for Liverpool, they don't know how good they have it with him"

"Rafa has the X Factor. Liverpool need to look at Ferguson's first few years in charge, and what came after, Liverpool have a chance of doing that with Benitez in charge, the guy is only 48"..

Basically saying it would be absolutely freakin mental for Liverpool to let Rafa go. Give him whatever he wants in his contract.

Jesus, I'm agreeing with Pat Dolan. I feel dirty.

And hungry.

PiE wrote: »
    That Madrid performance would have beaten Utd.

are you having a laugh

inter in the 2nd half were better than madrid and utd only had a 2nd string team out

so i dont know where your getting that from

But it's become so tired and cliched that it IS the usual tripe. He's been selling the same story since Jack Charlton's day.

I know the boys havnt a clue but they are good to watch - especially after a match - their previews are piss-poor. Its not for the indepth analysis i watch them - its the rants after the matches - classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Warper wrote: »

rte are fast becoming a joke, the same rubbish after every liverpool match, the only way i can watch a match these days is with radio 5 on in the background. What is the point of dunphy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement