Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions League

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You that confident of a Chelsea win? I haven't seen Juve in ages, they not up to much?

Those are all nice odds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I did wonder about Juve/draw at 2.00 in one accu, from my reading they are not in bad shape, but I suspect Hiddink will be the difference.

Bayern
    Villareal
    Draw
    Draw

That's 49/1... Might throw that in there

Tempting.

Chelsea team Cech, Bosingwa, A Cole, Terry, Alex, Mikel, Lampard, Ballack, Kalou, Anelka, Drogba.

Liverpool team Reina, Aurelio, Arbeloa, Carragher, Skrtel, Riera, Benayoun, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Kuyt. (Gerrard on bench)

So I went for......

Real, Bayern, Chelsea, Villareal
    Draw, Bayern, Draw, Villareal
    Draw, Draw, Draw, Draw (only a chickensh*t €1 :p)

Now watch Bayern or Villareal f*ck me over!

• Advertisement

Juves team looks pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

got my correct score bets all wrong last night
    got 2 draws right thought.
    Tonight imo
    Chelsea-Juventus 1-1
    R.Madrid-Liverpool 1-0
    Villareal-Panathinaikos 2-0
    S.Lisbon-B.Munich 1-1

Sure as day turns to night... Damn you Villareal :(

Indeed, I've done four from 6 accus so I'm waiting on 2 UEFA cup games but I reckon that result has halfed my chances of getting anything back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Note - i am not backing against the English teams again this year (though i have Barca backed outright) - but definitely not in any individual match

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I know what you mean. Like I can accept that Inter aren't a better team than man utd but 8/5 considering the defence they had out and Mourniho's home form was sick value. Then Liverpool tonight should have been no match for a Real team on the form of a decade who are better in all but 2 positions on paper. Don't believe it.

Never ever back Liverpool, unless they definitely should lose

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. Like I can accept that Inter aren't a better team than man utd but 8/5 considering the defence they had out and Mourniho's home form was sick value. Then Liverpool tonight should have been no match for a Real team on the form of a decade who are better in all but 2 positions on paper. Don't believe it.

Which 9 positions are Real better in? Is Diarra better than Mascherano? Pepe better than Carragher? Raul better than Torres? Etc, Etc.

Liverpool have only been beaten once in the league all season. Why would anyone back against them? Fair enough, they struggle to break teams down but it makes no sense to back them to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Pepe is better than Carragher and M. Diarra is better than Masch. Suppose Alonso could get in the team. The two I had in mind were Torres and Gerrard but Torres can't score in the Bernebau so he might not count after all

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

Pepe is better than Carragher and M. Diarra is better than Masch. Suppose Alonso could get in the team. The two I had in mind were Torres and Gerrard but Torres can't score in the Bernebau so he might not count after all

Pepe better than Carragher? Questionable at best. As a pairing, Carragher and Skrtel are at least as good as Pepe and Cannavaro.

It was Lassana Diarra who was playing last night and there is no doubt that Mascherano is a more effective defensive midfielder than him.

Alonso is clearly better than Gago. You're also presuming that Heinze is better than Aurelio and Marcelo better than Riera.

This idea that Liverpool are a two man team is very prevalent but is utterly spurious. Guys like Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Aurelio, Alonso and Mascherano are all very good players in their own right and shouldn't be underestimated when betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,417 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Was thinking of having a punt on Arsenal @ 14/1 especially with all their players returning from injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Well looking to make money this wk. UTD to qualify 8/15. Looks a super bet. Please add in more selections for value.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

Chelsea look great value at 2/1, I know they played their best team at coventry but the game didn't really take much out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 45,417 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

63587614 wrote: »
    Well looking to make money this wk. UTD to qualify 8/15. Looks a super bet. Please add in more selections for value.

great bet tbh, its 1.52 on betfair

Real Madrid might be a good bet unfortunately, Liverpool will be without a few players and Torres might well be one of them (dispite what he says).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

My money tonight is on one goal or less in the liverpool real game. 13/8

I reckon its a pretty decent price. Torres is doubtful and Benayoun (who has been in great form lately) is even more doubtful. So a Liverpool goal might not be all that likely.

We all know how Rafa approaches these games and how incredibly mean the Liverpool defence is in the Champions League.

Real will not come out all guns blazing and will be happy enough to go in 0-0 at half time and still be in with a shout. Cannavaro has said that they must be patient and keep things tight.

It may open up towards the end, but even then it may just be the one goal from Madrid to equalise, or a counter from Liverpool to finish them off.

All this, combined with the lack of goals from the first leg (and the general lack of real chances) make this a very decent looking bet. Thoughts?

I've also backed gerrard first scorer and 2-0 liverpool at 50/1 just for the craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

liverpool real madrid draw 12-5. thats where my money is!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Ladbrokes 5/2 all 4 Eng teams to qualify. Sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

Morzadec wrote: »
    My money tonight is on one goal or less in the liverpool real game. 13/8

I reckon its a pretty decent price. Torres is doubtful and Benayoun (who has been in great form lately) is even more doubtful. So a Liverpool goal might not be all that likely.

We all know how Rafa approaches these games and how incredibly mean the Liverpool defence is in the Champions League.

Real will not come out all guns blazing and will be happy enough to go in 0-0 at half time and still be in with a shout. Cannavaro has said that they must be patient and keep things tight.

It may open up towards the end, but even then it may just be the one goal from Madrid to equalise, or a counter from Liverpool to finish them off.

All this, combined with the lack of goals from the first leg (and the general lack of real chances) make this a very decent looking bet. Thoughts?

I've also backed gerrard first scorer and 2-0 liverpool at 50/1 just for the craic!

So much for that!:rolleyes:

Lovely peno by Del Piero :D

Defo penalty, wtf was Belletti thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Browney7 wrote: »
    Might be value in all 4 premiership teams to progress to next round at 13/2

63587614 13/2 sounded even better;) Will lay off the stake tonight because I don't trust Arsenal

Advertisement