Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeymoons

Options
  • 23-02-2009 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi I will be booking our honeymoon soon and we are thinking of the indian ocean, either mauritius, schyelles or zanzibar, does anyone have any info on these places or have any tips/websites which are good for booking on. Also would I be better off booking with a travel agent then online?
    All info welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

I don't mean to steal your thread but as I was about to ask a similar question (Re: Honeymoon) I thought no point starting a new thread.

We're getting married in Krakow in June. Only now starting to look at honeymoons - had lots of other things to worry about.

We have no real idea where we want to go but will be for no more than 7 - 9 days. The problem I'm having is actually arranging a flight/holiday from Krakow Airport, prefer a direct flight rather than transferring.

From looking at the Krakow airport web page the air lines which fly from there only fly to northern Europe e.g Ireland, England, Germany etc. Ideally we would like to go somewhere warm with beaches and something exciting/interesting to do as well.

Does anybody happen to know any websites where I can find flights/holidays from an airport without typing in a destination??? Right now I'm just looking for ideas of what I can get.

Your help is much appreciated.

WM

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭SuperStarHoney

We spent a week of our honeymoon in Mauritius last year and I personally didn't really like it. Our holiday and I think most holidays in Mauritius and the Seychelles are resort based, I think there might be more variety in the types of holiday you can get in Zanzibar.

Anyway I found that I really didn't like a holiday which was totally orientated around a resort. It wasn't that it was too quiet as there was plenty to do but I found it a bit cabin feverish, living in the same place the whole week. I missed not being able to stroll around a village/town etc in the evening and browse restaurant menus and that.

I would also be very careful in booking of the time of the year for these holidays, as although they're often advertised as year round destinations, they're not really.

If you have any further specific questions I will try to help.

Waterman, if you want to go somewhere long haul, you won't be able to fly direct from Krakow, you'll have to fly through one of the major airports: London, Paris or Amsterdam. If you check up the Krakow airport website it might have a list of destinations, but I've been there and it's a very small airport.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I booked our honeymoon with gohop.ie, I couldn't recommend them enough, I can get you in contact with the person I dealt with there if you want to PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭noworries2004

Its flying from Gatwick, but check ouut these deals,
    http://www.markstravel.co.uk/
    Haventg used them yet but they are supposed to be very good,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Another vote for Marks Travel, if you're looking at longhaul chance are you'll be connecting via UK anyhow.

If you're looking to use an Irish TA, try Twohigs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement