Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.2.1 and yellowsnow- iphone 3g

Options
  • 23-02-2009 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

hi guys, i really need some help here

it bought an iphone on the understanding it was on 2.2 and baseband 2.28 but on getting it on post today ive found out its being updated to 2.2.1 and on modem firmware 2.30..

from my understanding while i can downgrade back to 2.2 firmware, i cant bring back to the baseband to 2.28 so the yellowsn0w unlock is useless to me..

can any1 please confirm for me if i am indeed unable to unlock and if there is any course of action here i can take..any help would be really appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

viper006 wrote: »

it bought an iphone on the understanding it was on 2.2 and baseband 2.28 but on getting it on post today ive found out its being updated to 2.2.1 and on modem firmware 2.30..

from my understanding while i can downgrade back to 2.2 firmware, i cant bring back to the baseband to 2.28 so the yellowsn0w unlock is useless to me..

can any1 please confirm for me if i am indeed unable to unlock and if there is any course of action here i can take..any help would be really appreciated

Hi mate,
    I am not 100% on this but as far as i know you are stuck. The unlock is not available yet.
    Keep posted here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general/504871-anymore-news-when-bb-02-30-03-will-able-software-unlocked.html

Use the forum in that siter it is excellent and normally gets the news first.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭CivilEx

OP, the only other possible option for you in the short term is to use TurboSIM or RebelSIM type unlocks which supposedly also unlock the iPhone. They seem to be a bit hit and miss though judging by posters on other forums.
    My advice would be to keep your money in your pocket until the iPhone Dev Team come up with a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭lau1247

viper006 wrote: »

Did you buy it off O2 or places like ebay?

If it is 2nd hand or brought through ebay, then you're out of luck for now.. You gotta wait till the dev team to maka a breakthrough.

If it's O2, as far as I know you can return it as they allow you to do that within 7 days provided you still have the receipt.. Pop into one of the O2 store and get a new one from the store.. I got mine last week and it was on the 2.1 firmware and 0.2.11 baseband..

Granted I got the 16gb version which probably not much people buy.. So the stock could have been there for a while.. It's more about pot luck really if you buy from O2 store

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement