Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Vexorg left us ?

Options
  • 23-02-2009 1:45pm

The great and mighty Vexorg is no longer an admin ?
    Whats happened?

I wanted to pm him over something and pm's were switched off so I decided to leave him a visitor message and then discovered that he now has just 3 grey stars like an ordinary user and hasn't posted since february 6th :confused:

:(:(:(
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's part of a new system of hierarchies on the site. I think the Vex account is so that he can post as a normal user. He probably has another account that he uses for admin stuff. Don't worry, though, it's all going to become clear in the next while (I hope)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Still says Admin under his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Can you give any more info on this hierarchy at this time?

tribulus wrote: »

Yes, but not to you, or any other normal plebs.

Muha.

Muhahaha.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Daft.ie > *

:pac:

• Advertisement

Admins -> Smods -> Mods -> Users I guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Admins -> Smods -> Mods -> Users I guess...

Lol, thank you.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Oh it's no big secret or anything, I just haven't been able to work out for myself exactly wtf is going on...

I think it's something to do with certain people using real name accounts to speak on boards.ie's behalf. I could be way off on that. Anyway, Vex is definitely still with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As you are well aware, boards.ie has been hiring. The number of actual staff they have now puts them in a position where the method of communication done thus far is not really suitable when you have a number of staff.

That is, it's not really appropriate to have a member of staff giving their opinion on the lisbon treaty and then two minutes later giving an official post/statement on the feedback forum under the same handle.

From what I gather, all people working for boards (including Vex and probably DeV) will have an account which uses their real name and has blue stars. This is an admin account which is used for all official boards purposes.

They will then have personal accounts which are not admins or moderators which is used for interacting as a normal boards.ie user. The purpose of removing the "power" from these accounts is so that the person is forced to log in/out in order to carry out their official roles.

A lot of us will know the link between the boards account and the personal account, but aside from that there's no "authority" in the personal account.

This is not an official statement or indeed it may not be completely true. These are just the bits I've gathered up from some various discussions and the subsequent extrapolations I've used to fill in the gaps.

So I can finally ban Devore!

The tables, they are turning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

G23 will be happy with this.

Oh it's no big secret or anything, I just haven't been able to work out for myself exactly wtf is going on...

I think it's something to do with certain people using real name accounts to speak on boards.ie's behalf. I could be way off on that. Anyway, Vex is definitely still with us.
    Neither have I worked out wtf is going on..
    I was already aware of what yourself and Seamus posted and came to similar conclusions about that.

However so far from what I can garner CuLT and Vex are the only ones that have split their personality so far and in fact Vex is the only full time admin to have done it WITHOUT letting us that often just deal with him alone know what his new Admin name is.

I'm puzzled.

What is Vexorgs new admin name? Does anyone know ?

Well Gerry is taken and is a long-time member in good standing. Vex doesn't strike me as a "Ger" or "Gerard" :)

peter_sellers_inspector_clouseau_pi.jpg

To paraphrase the great man himself then...

< French accent >

Let me Bring you up to speed

I know nothing

Now you have been brought up to speed

< /end of french accent >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

seamus wrote: »
    Well Gerry is taken and is a long-time member in good standing. Vex doesn't strike me as a "Ger" or "Gerard" :)
    Gerhard?

Gerty?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Rb wrote: »
    Gerhard?

Gerty?

I think we may need a poll to decide on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Jerry
    Gerry
    John
    Tom

I'm sure they could probably be bribed somehow to change their names :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

so does this mean that

1. The new personality can go into a thread and troll and wind everyone up and no-one will know who it is and.......

2. The admin personality can then go in and ban everyone that they initially wound up ?

i like this where can i sign up? you could just end up banning all the people you dont like for good reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

so does this mean that

1. The new personality can go into a thread and troll and wind everyone up and no-one will know who it is and.......

2. The admin personality can then go in and ban everyone that they initially wound up ?

i like this where can i sign up? you could just end up banning all the people you dont like for good reason

No, they'll keep their current screennames as their personal accounts and will have real name accounts for their work accounts. CuLT has already switched over and has a Ross account for work.

I don't think I can say any more. ;):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

So that there is no further confusion, I just want to let you know that I have left boards.ie. It has been a great couple of years and for I have really enjoyed my time, it really has been a blast.

The reasons for my departure are not for public consumption and I hope that this can be respected.

Boards is on the verge of a major move forward with recruitment of staff to bring a consistency of service to the community and improve the technical infrastructure (development and back end systems) which will improve uptime, provide more new and useful features to the sites and improve the user experience. I am glad to have been there from our move to offices, to our first employee, through investment and then a second round of staff recruitment to bring on more staff to allow us to service the ever increasing community.

I would like to thank all the mods and users I have had the pleasure to interact with, it is you guys who make boards.ie the success it is and have made my day so many times.

Thanks.

Gerry.

:(

What can I say? Gerry, every interaction online and offline has been a pleasure. You're probably one of the most genuine people I've met and boards is much poorer today for having lost you.

I hope there's nothing preventing you from continuing to interact in the community - i.e. We want to see you for beers & dinner!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

:eek:

Well done on all you have achieved here Gerry!
    Sorry to see you go.:(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Sorry to see you step down Gerry, thanks for helping make Boards what it is today. Hopefully you'll still be around and won't leave the site altogether.

Good luck with whatever you do next.

Zaph

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sorry to see you go Gerry, all the best with whatever you are moving on to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Sorry to see you go Gerry, thanks for all of the work you have put into boards over the years, congratulations on everything you have achieved here, best of luck with whereever your road leads you from here :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

seamus wrote: »

What can I say? Gerry, every interaction online and offline has been a pleasure. You're probably one of the most genuine people I've met and boards is much poorer today for having lost you.

I hope there's nothing preventing you from continuing to interact in the community - i.e. We want to see you for beers & dinner!

What seamus said.
    You will be greatly missed.

Woah.

Seamus puts it very well.
    Vexorg-you will be missed :(

The best of luck in whatever road you take-for if you go about it in the way that you have interacted with us,it will go very well for you.
    A sound man and a gentleman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It was always a pleasure to deal with you Gerry. G'luck.

Advertisement