Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

holiday home in Sneem/Castlecove area

Options
  • 23-02-2009 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I have a small holiday home in the Sneem/Castlecove area. Due to the recession I am probably going to have to look at renting it out over the summer as a holiday home. Its a small (very small) 3 bedroomed old farmhouse. I would need to get it finished (no beds, sofa, TV etc at present) before I look to rent it out as a holiday home for this summer. My question is, any idea of:
    A/what could I rent it out for per week (eg 500e)?
    B/what costs should I be aware of (I have a local guy would woud "Meet & greet" the guests, do the laundry, tidying up etc, and I woudl ahve to pay him but I dont know what I should pay him) apart from the initial start up costs?
    Any feedback on this would be gratefuly received.
    thanks

Advertisement