Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best photoblog to use?

Options
  • 23-02-2009 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Flickr account but would also like to set up a Photoblog.

I don't want to have to create my own website so what is the best Program/product that I can use for my blog. I'm looking for something that makes viewing and browsing easy for people viewing.....Blogger jumps to mind but I'd like something that gives a 'nicer flow of pics'......
    I plan to have it hosted.
    What is the mininum I have to do to get a WordPress photo blog up and running.

do I have to download the files? And then what? Is there a abc/idiots guide to getting up and running?

Do I really need mySQL etc- can't everything just be hosted on a site- like my Flickr pics?

Cheers,
    Pa

2. I'm wondering where is a good place to include my photoblog then to get traffic- e.g. Photoblogs

Cheers,
    Patrick.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Have a look over here where it was discussed recently - some good recommendations from the regulars here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Do you have your own hosting or are you looking for a site which hosts for you?

If you have your own hosting wordpress or pixelpost are options worth checking out. I'm currently working on a photoblog which I hope to go live with on 1st March. I've used pixel post to develop it. I've tried using wordpress before. Wordpress is great for text blogs but I always found it cumbersome for photoblogs.

Having said that Darren and Valentia have wordpress photoblogs using wordpress and they are very good. Maybe I just didn't take enough time to battle with it!!

Advertisement