Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO News, Results and Discussion Thread

• 23-02-2009 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd start this thread up as no other thread covers the BDO. Some might say it's a rubbish organisation and doesn't deserve a thread but what the heck!

This thread will cover all BDO news and results. Also please try to stay away from BDO v PDC debate, try to keep on topic.

Firstly I'll start off with a bit of bad news:(

TONY DAVID
    2002 Lakeside World Pro Champion Tony David was rushed to hospital yesterday evening for an emergency liver transplant. This is a very difficult time for Tony's family and we have been asked to request that friends and fans refrain from contacting the family at this time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Tony O'Shea wins the Scottish Open beating Martin Atkins 5-4 in the final.

http://www.scottishdarts.com/menslast64.pdf

When you open this link it might be a good idea to zoom in,;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I was expecting boobies when I zoomed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Tony O'Shea wins the Scottish Open beating Martin Atkins 5-4 in the final.

http://www.scottishdarts.com/menslast64.pdf

When you open this link it might be a good idea to zoom in,;)
    Garrett Gray got to the Quater Finals (he got £100 for that)

Final
    Tony O Shea 5 Martin Atkins 4

Semi finals
    Tony O Shea 4 Martin Phillips 2
    Martin Atkins 4 Andy Roberts 0

Quater finals
    Tony O Shea 3 Ian White 2
    Martin Phillips 3 Garret Gray 1
    Martin Atkins 3 Martin Adams 1
    Andy Roberts 3 Alan Norris 1

Last 16
    Ian White 3 Dave Routledge 0
    Tony O Shea 3 Gareth Pass 0
    Martin Phillips 3 Andy Lynn 1
    Garret Gray 3 Ronnie Sharp 2
    Martin Atkins 3 Shaun Griffiths 0
    Martin Adams 3 Gino Vos 2
    Alan Norris 3 John Henderson 2
    Andy Roberts 3 Willy R D Wiel 1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

You only get £100 for reaching the quarter finals? No wonder there are very few Pro's in the BDO!

I was expecting boobies when I zoomed in.

LOL!:D
    I might of got banned if I did that!
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

LOL!:D
    I might of got banned if I did that!
    ;)

I wouldn't have banned you :cool:

Kingp35 wrote: »
    You only get £100 for reaching the quarter finals? No wonder there are very few Pro's in the BDO!

The prize money is a disgrace for the quarter finals I must say as there were 1,600 players! :eek:

That's why I stuck that in there to see what the responce would be.

Here is the breakdown of the prize money:
    1st £2000
    2nd £800
    3rd joint £300
    5th joint £100
    9th joint £45
    17th joint £25
    33rd joint £15

That really is very poor prize money. Nearly makes it not worth your while in entering with the cost incured in getting to the tournament etc.

BDO must be struggling for sponsorship if that's all they can offer.

Six Nations Cup starts this Saturday somewhere up the North (can't get much info on this). Anyone know what the Irish team line-up will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Wow, the guy that came second in a pub tournament in Mountrath this weekend got €100!! That's shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

maybe thats why some people say the BDO is better then the PDC. you don't play for the money you play for the love of the game

Double Top wrote: »
    maybe thats why some people say the BDO is better then the PDC. you don't play for the money you play for the love of the game

That's all well and good if you are well sorted with your job etc. Maybe the players are better in the PDC because they actually have time to practice and a real incentive to be as good as they can.

There can be no excuses for such a pathetic amount of prize money. As was said pub tournaments offer as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

That's all well and good if you are well sorted with your job etc. Maybe the players are better in the PDC because they actually have time to practice and a real incentive to be as good as they can.

There can be no excuses for such a pathetic amount of prize money. As was said pub tournaments offer as much.

Couldnt agree more with over a thousand competitors and to reach the last 8 and play 2 full days of darts in doing so to be handed a hundred quid as prize money is nothing short of disgraceful, its shocking in fact:mad::mad::mad:

And 300 quid for semi finalists no wonder there all switching to the pdc

you are spot on there king, not question that the PDC have better players and practice 10 times more then any player in the BDO. all i was saying was maybe some of the players in the tournaments are only playing for expierence and not for money but of course if you win get to the
    semi's you would expect more then £300.

The Six Nations Cup starts later today.
    Republic of Ireland will contest against Northern Ireland, England, Netherlands, Scotland and Wales.
    Does anybody know what the ROI team line-up will be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Six Nations Cup starts this Saturday somewhere up the North (can't get much info on this). Anyone know what the Irish team line-up will be?

Theres a 17 year old Mayo lad playing for Ireland called Martin Heenaghan, and wait till you see this boy play darts. Irish No.6, Irish Youth No.1. Averages borderline 80 I'd say already. Was at an event in Claremorris two months ago and he beat the Mayo no.2 4-0 in the semi's with something ridiculous like 3 12 darters and an 11. Won the final 5-4 without playing that well, destroyed most the county players (some feat when you consider Mayo came 2nd at the All Irelands), bar the final barely lost a leg in the competition.

This lad has the potential to be very, very good. Premier League good.

TONY DAVID
    2002 Lakeside World Pro Champion Tony David was rushed to hospital yesterday evening for an emergency liver transplant. This is a very difficult time for Tony's family and we have been asked to request that friends and fans refrain from contacting the family at this time.

TONY DAVID: LATEST INFO
    Its been a traumatic few days but the good news is Tony is doing really well.

Tony has now successfully undergone his liver transplant operation and we are in a position to receive messages at: nato88@bigpond.com

Tony is still in ICU but progressing very well. We would like to thank

everyone for their prayers and good wishes.

Natalie Carter

TYNE & WEAR OPEN 2009: RESULTSBDO100.jpgMEN: 277 Entries
    1. Steve Bunting (£1100) 2. Glen Durrant (£400)
    3. Ken Dobson, Andy Lynn (£200)
    5. Tony Richardson, Peter Searle, Gorden Doeby, Dave Gill (£100)
    9. T Brougton, Davy Dodds, Dave Prins, P Jennings, P Borthwick,
    Phill Nixon, M Calvert, I Dawson. (£25)

WOMEN: 65 Entries
    1. Francis Lawson (£200) 2. Anastasia Dobromyslova (£100)

YOUTH 57 Entries
    1. Leon Bailey 2. Lee Rump

Now what is the point in reaching the last 16, £25 for Gods sake!:eek:

Interesting to see Anastasia back in the BDO!:eek: She collects £100 for her troubles!:)

Interesting to see Anastasia back in the BDO!:eek: She collects £100 for her troubles!:)

Has she officially moved back? If she has then she didn't last long! :D

The prize money is really awful.

• Advertisement

Couldn't answer you KingP on the Anastasia thing!

I've also heard Setanta are to pull the plug on their darts coverage as they are having financial trouble! Really bad news for the BDO it seems!

thats weird if she has moved back, thought see was going to be at the uk open:confused:. any news on kirk shepard moving to the BDO??

£100 quid for coming second, come on even if she finshed last in every tournament in the PDC she would still come out with more.

one more question: why isn't there a women championship in the PDC??

Taken from wikipedia;

Shepherd entered the 2009 PDC World Darts Championship as the number 23 seed and faced Jan van der Rassel in the first round, losing 3-2 in a tie-break. The following day, it emerged that Shepherd was intending on leaving the PDC, and returning to the BDO,[1] however Shepherd has since overturned this decision, and has continued competing at PDC Pro Tour events.

It would be good a idea to have a PDC Womens world championship!

It would be good a idea to have a PDC Womens world championship!

They could have it between the walk on girls with the obvious rule that they have to play topless!

They could have it between the walk on girls with the obvious rule that they have to play topless!

That is the best idea ever!:D
    Maybe involve Anastasia aswell but never Trina Gulliver!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

That is the best idea ever!:D
    Maybe involve Anastasia aswell but never Trina Gulliver!:eek:

What? Trina Gulliver has a fantastic arse....

Degag wrote: »
    What? Trina Gulliver has a fantastic arse....

Maybe but she looks like Kevin Painter and it's a topless event!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Maybe but she looks like Kevin Painter and it's a topless event!:eek:

I think she's got the milf look actually... oh well:D

your a genius king, you could make it like the wwe and just hire loads of model and make them play darts. models and dart is there anything better maybe if it was sponsored by carlsberg then it would be "probably the best sport in the world":D

• Advertisement

Looks like this thread has gone off topic, ah well...:D!

Advertisement