Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO News, Results and Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

No disappointing really, he missed a lot of doubles in that last leg. Still no shame reaching the last 8 of a major tournament. Well done Finnan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Very hard luck, doubles .....as we all know...... can be a killer. Connie did great.
    Didn't that Robbie Green try the PDC circuit 2 or 3 years and got suspended for drug offenses ??

Boylesports.... O'SHEA ad ADAMS both 7/5. GREEN 4/1 and Phillipino 9/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Well done to Connie Finnan on reaching the quarter finals. Robbie Green is a quality player who appeared on setanta last year in some of the BDO tournaments that were screened. He reached the quarter finals of the PDC UK Open in 2006 and looked set for a career with the PDC but after he tested positive for drugs he lost his prizemoney and was banned from playing. He's worth a few euros at 4/1 to win it out. Apart from the last leg his finishing was superb throughout the game.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Well done to Connie Finnan on reaching the quarter finals. Robbie Green is a quality player who appeared on setanta last year in some of the BDO tournaments that were screened. He reached the quarter finals of the PDC UK Open in 2006 and looked set for a career with the PDC but after he tested positive for drugs he lost his prizemoney and was banned from playing. He's worth a few euros at 4/1 to win it out. Apart from the last leg his finishing was superb throughout the game.
    4/1 not bad at all considering as Adams and O'Shea will be busy trying to knock each other out in other semi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Well done, Connie, on getting to the quarter-finals.

Did not play his usual game against Green and paid the penalty.

I really felt 'very sorry' for Scott Waites, however, who lost to Ilagan in the last sixteen.
    Waites was moaning that he did not have a match on Friday while the Filipino had plenty of practice as he was battling his way through the hundreds of qualifiers to get to the last 16.

Poor lad! Who would want to be a seeded player in the World Masters ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Dartgod wrote: »
    Well done, Connie, on getting to the quarter-finals.

Did not play his usual game against Green and paid the penalty.

I really felt 'very sorry' for Scott Waites, however, who lost to Ilagan in the last sixteen.
    Waites was moaning that he did not have a match on Friday while the Filipino had plenty of practice as he was battling his way through the hundreds of qualifiers to get to the last 16.

Poor lad! Who would want to be a seeded player in the World Masters ???

lol, I wonder how many of those seed's would of come through those qualifiers, I'd say 2 of the 8 or maybe 0 with the way they played today.

Think nerves got to Connie how a man can hit 3 or 4 180's in 6 legs and still fail to get a shot at a double is really strange, too may 45's etc... had he played like he did against Fitton it'd of being much closer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Ilagen is very impressive, played very well today!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

i hate martin adams :D great match and an even better come back though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Really enjoyed the final, Robbie Green should of won it, he was a demon on the 16 and 20's, think bobby george had it right he just threw the dart didn't aim, don't like adams myself but what a comeback

fitton and hanky..what the hell happened to them:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Double Top wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the final, Robbie Green should of won it, he was a demon on the 16 and 20's, think bobby george had it right he just threw the dart didn't aim, don't like adams myself but what a comeback

fitton and hanky..what the hell happened to them:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Great comeback!

Fitton lost to Connie Finnan in the last 16 and Hankey lost against Gino Vos also in the last 16!

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Great comeback!

Fitton lost to Connie Finnan in the last 16 and Hankey lost against Gino Vos also in the last 16!

yea i saw them, still can't believe it, two of the top BDO players losing to two unknown's, glad connie got through even if he did get steamrolled by Green. did everyone see hankey's interview afterwards, if he was on his game he could beaten Vos 3-0, my hole! he was out played through out the game and should be a man and admit it

yea i saw them, still can't believe it, two of the top BDO players losing to two unknown's, glad connie got through even if he did get steamrolled by Green. did everyone see hankey's interview afterwards, if he was on his game he could beaten Vos 3-0, my hole! he was out played through out the game and should be a man and admit it

Yeah saw that, never liked Ted Hankey and was not surprised with what he said! He's a class A gobsh!te!:mad:

Hankey is a prick, the biggest I've ever seen in any sport, an ungracious spoilt child, the way he said on his game he'd destroy Vos and so would Adams. Pure prick.

Adams is a guy i'm slowly coming around to liking (never thought I'd say that). He was very gracious to vos after winning, saying he got lucky and the same with Robbie Green. The whole PDC thing has made him look like a bit of a chicken but in a way you have to admire his loyalty. He threw very well in the last 10 legs of the final.

Overall the highest average of the comp was 93 and the average around 88, had Finnan maintained his average from the Fitton match he'd of ran Kong close. He averaged 91 against Fitton and only 81 against Robbie.

Gotta say I was well impressed with Green this weekend, threw nice darts and his outshots were brilliant especially against Connie.

The whole standard though wasn't great, a 90 average is pretty weak in modern professional darts and McCloskey has nothing to be afraid of come lakeside if the likes of Adams, Fitton and Hankey continue to plug away around 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I always hated Mervyn King. To my mind he was always the biggest prick. But since he defected to the PDC, Hankey tops the poll of bad losers/temperamental @rseholes.

I actually felt sick looking at the Ted Hankey match, how the hell is that proper dress code??? He was dressed like "Fat Elvis", have a look;

fat-elvis-costume.jpg

I'm still having nightmares!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

How can Ted Hankey model himself on Dracula ? First time I ever saw a representation of Dracula with a big bald head !

Ally Dick wrote: »
    How can Ted Hankey model himself on Dracula ? First time I ever saw a representation of Dracula with a big bald head !

or a beer belly, If hankey turned into a bat he'd be too fat to fly.

Calls himself the COUNT, take out the O and you'd be spot on;):D:D

Calls himself the COUNT, take out the O and you'd be spot on;):D:D

Excellent ! icon10.gificon10.gificon10.gif

• Advertisement

ratinakeg wrote: »
    I actually felt sick looking at the Ted Hankey match, how the hell is that proper dress code??? He was dressed like "Fat Elvis", have a look;

fat-elvis-costume.jpg

I'm still having nightmares!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    And who said the King was dead icon10.gificon10.gif

Dave Chisnall wins the Welsh Masters beating Tony O'Shea 5-1 in the final.

http://www.bdodarts.com/results/2009/Welsh%20Masters%202009%20Men's%20Singles.pdf

Great run by young Guerney, that must shove him up the rankings a few places !

After his semi final appearance in the Welsh Masters last weekend Darryl Gurney reached the quarter finals of the British Open yesterday to push him up to 21 in the BDO rankings and guarantee himself a place in the Lakeside World Championship,well done Darryl. Dave Chisnall won the British Open,his 2nd tournament in a row which is a great acheivement and he now sits at 24 in the rankings and has surely qualified for Lakeside now.

The 1st BDO tournament after Lakeside starts today with the Dutch Open taking place. This is the biggest floor tournament on the BDO circuit with all the top ranked BDO players taking part. This tournament runs till Sunday and at 1 time over 2000 players used to take part in the mens singles alone,not sure if this is still the case.

The final of the Dutch Open took place today with Martin Adams beating Scott Waites 3 sets to 1. Deta Hedman won the ladies final beating Trina Gulliver 5 legs to 4.

The Scottish Open took place this weekend with Stuart Kellet of England beating Dennis Te Kloise of the Netherlands 6-3 in the final. Northern Ireland's Darryl Gurney beat Lakeside World runner up Dave Chisnall in the last 64 but he was knocked out in the following round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

is the scottish open not a big bdo tournament? :confused:

Reason I ask is that I seen O'Shea (along with Bling Bling Bobby) on tv last night on some dancing contest :eek::confused:

I didn't(luckily) get to witness them 'dance' but happened to flick on when the 'celebrities' were rehearsing

Devastator wrote: »
    is the scottish open not a big bdo tournament? :confused:

Reason I ask is that I seen O'Shea (along with Bling Bling Bobby) on tv last night on some dancing contest :eek::confused:

I didn't(luckily) get to witness them 'dance' but happened to flick on when the 'celebrities' were rehearsing
    The Scottish Open would be a big enough tournament as regards ranking points towards Lakeside. I'm sure the BDO have pressurised the BBC to put O'Shea and Bobby George in this dance competition to give them a bit of media exposure! Another absentee was Ted Hankey,interestingly he missed the previous tournament the Dutch Open also. He's surely not thinking of making the move to the PDC:D!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I don't even think Hearn would want him in ODC after his sour gob antics during the grand slam

Advertisement