Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

word 2007 to pdf-background changes

• 23-02-2009 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

when i try to publish a file to pdf the background/fill effects seem to double up,thus ruining my lovely advert, could someone, if someone could please help with this I would very much appreciate it.
    (im using acrobat 7.0 to publish it)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Do you get the same result if using the PDF conversion tool in Office (after installing the add-on, of course)?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

ethernet wrote: »
    Do you get the same result if using the PDF conversion tool in Office (after installing the add-on, of course)?

yes the same thing happens.seems to be multiplying up what i have allready.ie.i have 3 boxs in the background it gives me 6 or 9....
    please help if you can im on a deadline and getting no-where

Can't say I've seen this before. If you are using a custom image, it might be worth messing with its resolution before setting it as a watermark/background image.

thanks for getting back to me.
    ethernet wrote: »
    Can't say I've seen this before. If you are using a custom image, it might be worth messing with its resolution before setting it as a watermark/background image.

2 colour gradient with horizontal shading,how do i mess with the resolution

That's different if you're using colours. Would just a single colour look OK if all goes to the worst?

• Advertisement

thanks for the help,i think im going to create a new one in paint shop pro and apply that instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 oneway

Subject: Word 2007 - Creating your own PDF files from Word 2007

Word 2007 can print directly to a PDF file without needing other software (such as Acrobat)

You need to go here to download and install this free add-in tool from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en

After it is installed you can create a PDF as follows: “Office Button | Save As | Save as PDF”. The office button is the round button in the top left-hand corner.

have fun

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

another alternative is to install pdfcreator from sourcefourge and PRINT to it

If it don't work then check if a print preview problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭homer911

You could try increasing the size of the graphic image - put lots of white space around it so that it physically takes up more space on the page.

Advertisement