Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Flanagan (the hitcher) dies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

RIP

He did look younger than 62 alright.

He poked me in the a*rse with his umbrella once..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was bound to happen...

Always was rotten and shouting at people - it was inevitable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭TradeSecrets

Poor fella....Was a harmless aul divil. He will be missed at all the club football games. He lived for football !! RIP !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I feel sorry for the driver that hit him...he was always jumping in front of cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

fecking plonker if he used to jump out in front of people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Was a harmless aul divil.

I'd have to disagree with you there. He was always jumping out in front of cars. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who caused the accident and has left some poor person to deal with the fact they've just taken a life which can't be easy to come to terms with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I was told today it was a hit and run. No idea if its true or not.

Ironic, if its the one car fatality that you couldn't be blamed for, if they drove off.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

weird one this...friday afternoon in work i was asked about "characters"
    from around the town, so i proceeded to tell all about the imaginary
    ball playing all- star that was james flanagan....few hours later he was dead!:eek: creeped me out a bit when i heard saturday morning.

hope he's at peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

It's sad to see that he's gone:(

Certainly was a character alright.About 6 or more years ago my mothers co-worker gave him a lift to boyle and he pi***d in the passenger seat. I would have killed him(not literally) if that had been my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I was told today it was a hit and run. No idea if its true or not.

Ironic, if its the one car fatality that you couldn't be blamed for, if they drove off.

All I heard was that a "boy racer" hit him but it could have happened to anyone - good driver or bad. Whatever happened, Flanagan was an accident waiting to happen unfortunately. He used to leap out of nowhere all the time. Had a tiny cottage near Sooey but never used to spend any time there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

A few years ago I was coming out of Riverstown very late at night/early in the morning.

Around the first corner outside the town and all of a sudden a head appears off the surface of the road.

This gobshyte had fallen asleep at the side of the road in the grass verge.

God help the person that hit him. They will have this death on their conscience and probably through no fault of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

RIP. Was a lovely article in the Weekender about him. Sure he may have been a danger on the roads but there was no bad in that man, as attested to by the very large turnout for his funeral.

Advertisement