Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should my eircom BroadBand be 7mb ?

Options
  • 23-02-2009 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

I have a question about my BroadBand line. I have a 3 mb line atm but I live in the Malahide area and read somewhere that this line had been upgraded to a 7.6mb line, adsl2+

Should i have this speed (i have the netopia router from 3/4 years ago ) If i get a new router will this increase my speed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

I don't have eircom but I'm pretty sure you'd have to get the 7mb package from them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

thanks for the reponse, :)
    would a new adsl2+ router do the trick?

http://www.irishisptest.com/forum/9741-post4.html
    this was the article

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

thanks for the reponse, :)
    would a new adsl2+ router do the trick?

While eircom may have upgraded the lines to 7mb in your area( i dont know if they did or didn't) you would still only get your 3mb connection that you have a contract with them for to get 7mb if it is available you will have to contact eircom and ask themt o give you that line at whatever price they do it for.

Upgrading your router will do nothing if eircom have limited your line to 3mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

I have a question about my BroadBand line. I have a 3 mb line atm but I live in the Malahide area and read somewhere that this line had been upgraded to a 7.6mb line, adsl2+

Should i have this speed (i have the netopia router from 3/4 years ago ) If i get a new router will this increase my speed?

The 7 Mb package is still run over adsl, only the 12Mb package is over adsl2+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Rob_l wrote: »
    While eircom may have upgraded the lines to 7mb in your area( i dont know if they did or didn't) you would still only get your 3mb connection that you have a contract with them for to get 7mb if it is available you will have to contact eircom and ask themt o give you that line at whatever price they do it for.

Upgrading your router will do nothing if eircom have limited your line to 3mb.

thanks

but the article i edited into my last post http://www.irishisptest.com/forum/9741-post4.html
    states :
    Customers on the 2Mb product, whose lines pre-qualify will be upgraded to 3Mb and customers on the 3Mb product whose lines pre-qualify will be upgraded to 7.6Mb.

Qualifying customers in the following areas have already been upgraded:
    Ballyjamesduff
    Coolock
    Malahide
    Newmarket-on-Fergus
    Thomastown
    Walkinstown
    Wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

thanks

but the article i edited into my last post http://www.irishisptest.com/forum/9741-post4.html
    states :
    Customers on the 2Mb product, whose lines pre-qualify will be upgraded to 3Mb and customers on the 3Mb product whose lines pre-qualify will be upgraded to 7.6Mb.

Qualifying customers in the following areas have already been upgraded:
    Ballyjamesduff
    Coolock
    Malahide
    Newmarket-on-Fergus
    Thomastown
    Walkinstown
    Wicklow

Have you established with Eircom which package you are actually on? Then there is the question of what your line is/would be capable of.

Until you know which package you are on all else here is speculation.

Advertisement