Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Discussion Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

No date in Dublin in May, guys. They tried to organise it but it fell through. I've been told that they're trying to organise something for later this year. Probably means Marlay Park again??? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

I started listening to Metallica when the !Justice! album came out. I had been listening to G 'n' R and Iron Maiden for a while and started getting into heavier music and Metallica were just the sound that new metallers at the time were loooking for. After Metallica I was also exposed to Slayer and Sepultura and became a fan of these and of Morbid Angel and Death metal but Metallica were by far my favorite band. Despite been 32 now I always have a soft spot for the above mentioned bands and have a special album I made up called 'Masters of Justice' the songs on it are as follows...

1. Blackened
    2. Master of Puppets
    3. For Who the Bell Tolls
    4. Fade To Black
    5. To Live is to Die (this is my favorite Metallica song!!!!)
    6. Orion
    7. The Call Ktulu
    8. Leper Messiah
    9. Frayed Ends of Sanity (use not like this song but since starting to play the drums I love it!)

And Justice for All, for me, is Metallica at their very best, most fans would opt for Master of Puppets or Ride the Lighting but I feel the Justice album was their most complete 'metal' album, a non stop stomper start to finish!! The Black album and those that came after were Metallica's attempt to become more mainstream and they lost their sound that made them successful. Death magnetic is decent but to little to late to redem themselves as the greatest 'metal' band of all time.

Ive seen Metallica on tour numerous times, they are the only band ive bothered to see live! They are without doubt one of the most active touring bands of all time, a fact which is why their original sound from the 80's is still by far the best 'metal' produced even to this day!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

No date in Dublin in May, guys. They tried to organise it but it fell through. I've been told that they're trying to organise something for later this year. Probably means Marlay Park again??? :rolleyes:

How do you know?

faceman wrote: »
    How do you know?

I rang the Sound Cellar in Dublin, and they told me. EDIT: They didn't mention Marlay Park, but that's what I'm thinking will happen??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

we'll see........I didn't think they'd hit Dublin at all on this trek to be honest.......but either way I'm only really interested if it's indoors - so if they shift it to around Festivals/next leg of the Tour I won't mind as long as it's gonna be indoors.......wouldn't be arsed with another Marley Park gig to be honest.....

looking forward to Belfast though, should be crackin...

• Advertisement

NIBBS wrote: »
    we'll see........I didn't think they'd hit Dublin at all on this trek to be honest.......but either way I'm only really interested if it's indoors - so if they shift it to around Festivals/next leg of the Tour I won't mind as long as it's gonna be indoors.......wouldn't be arsed with another Marley Park gig to be honest.....

looking forward to Belfast though, should be crackin...

If they do the festival trek next year, they won't play indoors here. I wonder can the seating in the new O2 be taken out to accommodate Metallica's in the round stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Disappointed with this. Hope we get an indoor date at some stage, or at least back to the RDS, more accessable IMO.

Degag wrote: »
    Disappointed with this. Hope we get an indoor date at some stage, or at least back to the RDS, more accessable IMO.

Same here. I'm not trudging all the way up to Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Just as well. I couldnt stand the idea of missing Tallica in Dublin also.

Belfast would be great for two nights, however, im not in a position to do that in May as I have crucial exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Same here. I'm not trudging all the way up to Belfast.

I actually wouldn't mind going to Belfast too much but i'm about as far away as possible and Kerry Airport doesn't service Belfast. What i'm worried about is was there ever meant to be a second Belfast date? ie. when they couldn't get a dublin date did they just add the second Belfast date then? May not play here at all.:(

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    I actually wouldn't mind going to Belfast too much but i'm about as far away as possible and Kerry Airport doesn't service Belfast. What i'm worried about is was there ever meant to be a second Belfast date? ie. when they couldn't get a dublin date did they just add the second Belfast date then? May not play here at all.:(

According to someone who I spoke with, they were supposed to play the O2, but that negotiations hit a "snag". I reckon they weren't able to play "in the round" in the O2...? I was told today that they're trying to organise something for later in the year....? Probably means Marlay Park again.....? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Got my ticket this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Well it's a pity that there won't be with an indoor show in Dublin. I'm not hugely disappointed, having seen them more than any other band.

Now if Rush were playing in Belfast, well that'd be a different story! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

How I got into Metallica- I got NTL Digital in 2001 which had Kerrang and other music channels and I would constantly browse throught the channels everyday looking for good songs to listen to. It was then that I was turned onto Metallica and other rock bands such as Tenacious D etc. eventually I became addicted and listened to a lot of metallica. I believe it was Nothing Else Matters that really caught my attention cause I just love that song, then other songs such as One and dare I say it I Disappear as well. I then started buying their albums and have been a fan ever since.

Faovurite Songs
    Nothing Else Matters
    One
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    Sad But True
    I Disappear

There are plenty of songs I like from their albums too.

Advertisement