Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBox 360 won't see the tags of the mp3 files on my external hard drive

• 23-02-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi
    On my XBox 360 if I go to Music Library - Hard Drive it displays Albums, Artists, Genres etc (so it is picking up tags) but if I go to Music Library - Portable Device (My Western Digital External Hard Drive) it will only display the file names of my mp3 files.

Is there anyway for the XBox 360 to see the tags of the mp3s on my external hard drive?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Could be an issue with the version of ID3 tags that you're using... (ID3v2 instead of v1)
    Which program do you use for ripping music? You might have to use something like media monkey to retag them all as both ID3v1 and ID3v2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

tman wrote: »
    Could be an issue with the version of ID3 tags that you're using... (ID3v2 instead of v1)
    Which program do you use for ripping music? You might have to use something like media monkey to retag them all as both ID3v1 and ID3v2

Hi tman thanks for the reply.

Yeah I use mediamonkey.

Is it handy enough to retag everything?
    Any ideas how to?

Cheers
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I think* you have to select the songs you want in mediamonkey, then go to tools > advanced tag management > sync tags.

* I might be talking crap, maybe try it on one album first before you do it to your entire collection...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

mathie wrote: »
    Hi
    On my XBox 360 if I go to Music Library - Hard Drive it displays Albums, Artists, Genres etc (so it is picking up tags) but if I go to Music Library - Portable Device (My Western Digital External Hard Drive) it will only display the file names of my mp3 files.

Is there anyway for the XBox 360 to see the tags of the mp3s on my external hard drive?

Thanks

Try using TVersity to stream all your media content to your xbox. Works brilliantly. Means you can keep your hard drive plugged into your laptop/PC and choose whichever folders you want on your internal or external drive to show up on your 360. Plus it will transcode any media on the fly if that file format isn't supported by the 360. It's a free download, just google it. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Thanks guys Ill give all that a shot.

BTW in MediaMonkey I was saving as ID3v1 and v2.

So it looks like TVersity might be the best way to go.

Cheers
    M

• Advertisement
Advertisement