Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

circus in Castletroy

Options
  • 23-02-2009 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

we were thinking of bringing our kids to the circus for our eldet childs birthday party. The circus is currently set up in Castletroy, beside the Superquinn SC. We have just heard from a friend that the circus was not great. Before we decide on this for the birthday party plans, has anybody else gone to this circus in the last few days? & if so what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is also a circus set up next to B&Q on the Tipperary Road at the moment. Might be worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparkman

I would just make sure they don't have any animals as part of the show. Hard to know who's telling the truth or not when it comes to alleged cruelty but if I saw a hint of a horse, tiger, elephant, etc. in their posters, I just wouldn't support them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

sparkman wrote: »
    I would just make sure they don't have any animals as part of the show. Hard to know who's telling the truth or not when it comes to alleged cruelty but if I saw a hint of a horse, tiger, elephant, etc. in their posters, I just wouldn't support them.

Quite the opposite for me. I would not darken their door unless they had animals. Last year I went to some eastern european circus with dogs and horses. Big Whoop and then some scantily clad young girl did some acrobatics on a fake piano for the amusement of all the fathers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Berty wrote: »
    Quite the opposite for me. I would not darken their door unless they had animals. Last year I went to some eastern european circus with dogs and horses. Big Whoop and then some scantily clad young girl did some acrobatics on a fake piano for the amusement of all the fathers.

unfortunatly i am very against the use of animals as part of a circus. while i know that a half naked young girl is a bit dodgy i really depends wat you mean by scantily clad. balerinas could be considered scantily clad, as girls doing arobics or ice skating. but when they whip lions and keep all animals locked in small cages for hours on end and beat them in to such dire submission that the animals lose the will to fight back. that is just beyond cruelty. you can sttill have fire eaters acrobats clowns coming out of cars and hitting each other with pies or even clown taming:) the funniest thing ever. keep cruelty out whether its little girls or animals. protect the deffenseless

Paulegend wrote: »
    while i know that a half naked young girl is a bit dodgy i really depends wat you mean by scantily clad.

Very young girl in hot pants and boob tube moving and grinding to music on the piano. Change it to a pole and you get the picture except for the taking off of clothes.

The guy next to me leaned over and said "at least I got something out of it"

Shuddering thought *

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

there are some seriously sick people out there. just wonder how that guy would feel if some1 was looking at his daughter and saying the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

apologies but the location for this circus is beside B&Q on the Tipp road, so I dont know if there are 2 circus's in Limerick at present (which I doubt) or just the on beside B&Q, in which case this is the one I was querying - sorry about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

banjobongo wrote: »
    apologies but the location for this circus is beside B&Q on the Tipp road, so I dont know if there are 2 circus's in Limerick at present (which I doubt) or just the on beside B&Q, in which case this is the one I was querying - sorry about that!

They have camels at that circus anyways! I haven't been to the show, but driving along the Tipp road you can see them grazing out the back some times.

I'm pretty sure there's no circus at Superquinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I was passing B&Q last weekend when that circus was setting up. There was a large RSCPA Van there, and they were checking out the animals. Good to know at least, that someone keeps on eye on these animals. It's 9 euro in, if you got concessions, and they do party bookings to I believe. Didn't spot any circus at superquinn on Sunday.

Didn't spot any circus at superquinn on Sunday.

I saw the travelling community around there. They could have been confused for the circus with all the horses they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

I saw the travelling community around there. They could have been confused for the circus with all the horses they have.

Dont forget the goats and the dogs;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

mark1974 wrote: »
    Dont forget the goats and the dogs;)

Its "dags" not "dogs" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

Its "dags" not "dogs" :D
    Oh silly me:o :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

:eek:

Hey honey is there usually dog fighting and bare knuckle boxing at the circus? - Little Sarah just won €400 in a 6 round classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gudman09

hey does anyone know times and dates of the circus out at the 2 mile? is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

they were handing out flyers for this circus - the Australian Circus I think they call themselves, yesterday at the parade, but sorry, I dont know anything about them myself apart from that.

Advertisement