Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installed nokia pc suite now cant use existing diall up connection

Options
  • 23-02-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Have a vista laptop that used use eircom dial up (:o) to connect to the internet. I installed nokia pc suite to test using my mobile to see if it was any faster but now my old dial up connection which i need because of crap coverage.

I've uninstalled the nokia pc suite sofware.
    Under IE -> Tools -> internet options i have delete the nokia modems it installed and have only my old dial up connection but when i try to connect i get

Error 692: Hardware failure in modem or other connecting device"

I also checked in the device manager and it says the modem is working fine, cant see the nokia modem.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

What about network connections? Delete the old connection used for your phone and make sure there's just one for your dial-up ISP.

Advertisement