Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a router please

Options
  • 23-02-2009 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

i want to replace my existing eircom netopia router and purchase a new router with the following

Wireless
    1Gb LAN perferably
    Excellent Firewall - I want to be 100% certain that my LAN is safe and want excellent control over all ports.

All recommendations appreciated.

My own router is working fine but all other nodes (server, NAS, switch etc) on the network are 1 GB and the standard netopia router doesnt really give firewall control (does it?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

linksys wrt54gl running dd-wrt firmware (easy to do, follow the how-to on the dd-wrt site) with a netgear gs108 switch would do the trick fine.

Both can be picked up fairly cheaply and perform very well.

<edit>oh, just saw that you're using dsl :) I'm sure linksys' dsl-comparable wrt54gl would be grand too, whatever it is</edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭sparkite

OK, I'll have a look out for a dsl - comparable one. Thanks.

Advertisement