Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston South Quarter

Options
  • 23-02-2009 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anyone who has bought or is renting in Heuston South Quarter (http://www.hsq.ie/)? Sister looking for an apt as she is going to be working in St James and I would like to hear if they are nice or otherwise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Very nice place to live, very quiet, Superquinn here is great.
    I'm going to my second year here, would def recommend to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I lived there for a yr until last Nov. The apts are great, high spec, very comfy, all mod cons. Its ideal having the supermarket right below too however it is a bit on the expensive side but handy all the same. There is also now a cafe. Also ideal for Luas and all public transport.

However there are a few issues there.

1) When i moved in initially we were told there was a fututristic heating and water system installed that reduced bills, was economical etc. It was a shamble as the bills were always higher than any of the other energy providers. As the agents signed over the running of the service to Dalkia they have wiped there hands of it. There is an ongoing dispute about it. If i remember correctly there is a huge thread about it on neighbours.ie which you should have a look at as it is more detailed than what I can offer here.

2) It should also be noted that the rental prices are at a premium and that you can get accomodation cheaper in the area.

3) As with any apartments there is a noise issue and this is to be expected. However last summer they rented out several apts to foreign language students who find no problem congregating on their balconies until the early hrs talking loudly and making noise. I had to make several complaints as this was usually mid week but it continued.

4) Also this may be a small thing but should you DD be late end of month due to bank holiday delay or something similar expect to be hounded by the office about why the rent is a day late.

These are the experiences myself and my flatmates had...................

Advertisement