Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnacles hostel

Options
  • 23-02-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any previous experience with this hostel??
    am interested in going there with approx 20 people in a few months,
    does anyone know any general info on hostels
    or more specifically hostels in dublin
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭orlaithd

Hey check out hostelworld
    they are normally pretty good for this stuff
    http://www.hostelworld.com/hostels/Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

www.hostelworld.com

Good site for reviews.

Snap :)

www.hostels.com
    www.boo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

gonna check that site out now, thanks,
    oh, btw ; what are hostel's policies on alcohol?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Probably the same as every other hostels policies. None allowed I would say. Ring them lazypants :)

Deepsense wrote: »
    Probably the same as every other hostels policies. None allowed I would say. Ring them lazypants :)

ah i'll ring them closer to the time,
    you can drink in some hostels tho....

lol well we'll have two or three dorms full anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

If you're planning on a session I wouldn't stay in the any of the touristy city centre hostels like Barnacles - they're strict enough about the drinking. Some of them have decent beer garden areas out the back where you can booze it up, but only until a certain hour. I stayed in this one with a few mates and was good enough craic
    http://www.marlboroughhostel.com/facilities.htm

My advice is stay in a hotel - you can get rooms for nothing at the moment. I stayed in bewleys hotel a few weeks ago with a mate and was only 30euro each for big twin room. Get 10 twin rooms for you and your mates .
    The advantages is you can booze away there after a night out as well without foreigners complaining to management cos they have to get up at 7am to visit newgrange and the like. Generally hotels have later check out times as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Watch out for the french and spanish. Keep your wits about you and dont drink too much, you should be fine.

Where are you going?

to dublin :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

CAn get twin rooms at d4hotels.com for E20 a night total, E10 each. That's best option

that IS good, but for like twenty people or so a dorm would suit better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Varkov wrote: »
    Watch out for the french and spanish. Keep your wits about you and dont drink too much, you should be fine.

Where are you going?

Whats wrong with French and Spanish?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

metalfest wrote: »
    that IS good, but for like twenty people or so a dorm would suit better
    ?? are you saying it's better to spend more to sleep in the same room as 18 more people?? If you change your mind the bargain alerts thing here, you can pm d4hotels and they'll give you the rooms for E20.09 a night.

Advertisement