Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K.O. 2- April 25th. Fighters Wanted

Options
  • 23-02-2009 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭

After the success our first show The Fight Before Christmas, we're putting on another high quality show for the MMA fans of Dublin!:pac:

KO2 will showcase the best up and coming amateurs alongside the cream of Irelands professional MMA talent. If you want to fight on this show, talk to your coach and mail me at komartialarts[at]gmail.com or ring 085-8320174. We have openings at
    D (shin pads, 10oz MMA sparring gloves, no grounded headshots)
    C (MMA gloves, no headshots grounded)
    B (Pro rules)

Details of ticketing and venue etc. will be finalised in the next couple of weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wetdogsmell

is there any a class pro fights on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Yup I just don't need to advertise for those on forums :D

Should be two or 3 A class. Looking good already.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

ragin i wont be here for this, would have been nice to do what u texted me about lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

same date as our next show barry so best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

im pretty sure it wont be the last time that two shows clash this year.

• Advertisement

Jason,

We moved our show from late May as I have something major going on around that time. It's an unfortunate fact of life that with venue availability etc. that some shows are going to clash. I'm sure the two shows will be great and anyone I can't match up on my show I'll put on to you.

Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Yeah, I don't see issues with our shows being so far apart in distance.

Tottaly different audience pool, there's planty of fighters hitting the scene too so its good for them to get out and get experience on the local level

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭OMCCABE

DCU MMA travelled here as a group for the first one and I gotta say everyone had a great time andthe entire show was awesome. Roper has the gift when it comes to matchmaking for sure and we'll have an even bigger group heading to this one.

With that said Roper you know were to send the first batch of tickets when you get them printed up....complete with attractive ladies again if possible..that was nice. :D

Hopefully we won't party quite as hard as we did after the last one..the pictures we took tell there own story :P

Oisin

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wetdogsmell

Roper wrote: »
    Yup I just don't need to advertise for those on forums :D

Should be two or 3 A class. Looking good already.

good stuff barry, that question was'nt meant in a smart way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

All the best with the show Barry - gutted but I'll be the opposite side of the country that day. The last one was a blast!

• Advertisement

My mouth is watering at the main event I'm close to confirming. I'm waiting on some confirmation for some more great matches but already this is looking like a great card.

So far on the pro card:
    Cathal Pendred (SBG) versus Gordon Farrell (KO) 77kgs B class

Straight Blast Gym's Pendred has been making waves in the middleweight division and is now dropping down to the lighter welterweight division. Coming off a 38 second GnP win at the weekend, this will be his first outing at his new weight and he'll face off against Gordon Farrell of KO Martial Arts. Farrell is an experienced Muay Thai fighter with heavy hands and strong clinch. You can expect a war for this one!

Grant "The Nuisance" Carroll (KO) vs. Hugh McCarthy (DCU MMA) D Class Amateur

McCarthy from Dublin's newest club in DCU takes on the nuisance at a catchweight. If Carroll keeps annoying me, I'll cheer for Hugh. This should be a good match up made all the more interesting by the fact that these two trained together for a month.

Stephen "The Civil Celebrity" Finlan (KO) vs. Aidan "Carnage" Carney (PBG) 73kgs D Class Amateur

Finlan takes a well earned break from battling the pension levy to take on another foe in Carney, who starred on our last show. This should be a good battle between two guys eager to make their mark in their first step up to head shots.

Keith "Vengaboy" Pendred (KO) vs. Michael Gallagher (Donegal JJ) 77kgs C Class

Gallgher makes the long journey from Donegal to take on Dublin's own Pendred in a welterweight clash. Both of these guys are looking to rack up another W to their records as they make their march towards the pro ranks. These are two young and hungry fighters, they're sure to want to put on a show for the crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

vengaboy i tuaght it was railway man
    i hate you barry lol

guess who its is

Don't you have a Vengabus to catch?

its not keith ha ha
    is it a ring or cage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I knew it was you all along grant. Who else could be so illegible!

In fairness, Keith has a similar grasp of the written word.

so wwat is it you probably told me already ha

• Advertisement

Hi all,

KO will be moving to a new gym in the very near future and as a result I won't have the time to run a pro show on this date anymore. Boo.

So I've decided to keep the show as a 100% amateur night, with D and C class bouts only on the card. Hooray!

It will still have the same production values, great music, lighting etc. The only thing changing will be the price which will be a cheap and cheerful recession buster!

Tickets will be €20 available from KO Gym in Glasnevin. ring -0858320174 or from the fighters on the card. Even students will be able to afford this one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

So I've decided to keep the show as a 100% amateur night, with D and C class bouts only on the card. Hooray!
    Hooray for amateur night, boo for C and D.

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Hooray for amateur night, boo for C and D.
    I actually have you down for a D class fight so you can try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭OMCCABE

From the feedback I've got there should be a very strong turnout from the club here in DCU. If that means your looking for more MMA league rules bouts and D class let me know and I'll ask about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Awesome - can I have Tim in a catchweight D class (lets say... 100kg?). Training is optional. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Karatekrazy

So I've decided to keep the show as a 100% amateur night, with D and C class bouts only on the card.

So definitely no Gary Morris on the card then!!? That sucks!

I was going to say me Vs Gary Morris at D class but this offer from this t-ha character sounds more appealing.
    Awesome - can I have Tim in a catchweight D class (lets say... 100kg?). Training is optional.
    I can totally make 100 kilos on short notice. Lets make it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Doesn't Tim and Gary as a main event sound bloody great. 2 people that can bang and submit.

Doesn't Tim and Gary as a main event sound bloody great. 2 people that can bang and submit.
    Ah, he had his chance last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

T-ha versus Tim.

That would be something! :)

Advertisement