Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience with feline gingivitis?

Options
  • 23-02-2009 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Hi, one of my cats has problems with her gums. She's now about 20 months old.

She developed bleeding gums once already which went away successfully with antibiotics and steroids. However, once off the meds the problem returned about a month later. She's been on antibiotics, steroids again, but it does not seem to get all that much better - probably the steroid dose is too low, but I don't want to give too much.

I've now read up about this problem so I can ask specific questions when my vet returns in a weeks time. In the meantime, does anyone have any specific experiences with this or has anyone tried anything from homeopathy to tooth extraction? I just want my cat to be happy and healthy, and am looking for experiences people have had with this condition.
    Many thanks!

Advertisement