Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lugnaquilla-Best route up???

Options
  • 23-02-2009 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Im hoping to climb the Lug in the couple of weeks, been a year since ive done it last. Last time i started at the Army centre in Glean O Mail, and walked over Camarahill and on up to the Trig point. ANyone any suggestions for a different route, possibly from the Glenmalure side?
    Anyone with tracks marked on maps in jpeg or gpx format, appreciate anyything you could send on!

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There are plenty of routes up from Glenmalure, although I'm not sure what constitutes "best" though.

The easiest one is just to cross over the ford at Baravore and head straight up the track past the hostel and on up to the junction with the Table Track. Then take a left and follow the track along the boundary of the artillery range to the summit of Lug.

If you want a more direct route then your main access points from the Glenmalure Valley will be the zig-zags at the Carrawaystick waterfall, the zig zag path through the forest a little further towards Baravore leading to Arts Lough, or via Fraughan Rock Glen.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭burly

Alun wrote: »
    There are plenty of routes up from Glenmalure, although I'm not sure what constitutes "best" though.

The easiest one is just to cross over the ford at Baravore and head straight up the track past the hostel and on up to the junction with the Table Track. Then take a left and follow the track along the boundary of the artillery range to the summit of Lug.

If you want a more direct route then your main access points from the Glenmalure Valley will be the zig-zags at the Carrawaystick waterfall, the zig zag path through the forest a little further towards Baravore leading to Arts Lough, or via Fraughan Rock Glen.

Thanks again for the reply Alun,

Would you have anything on gpx???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

burly wrote: »
    Thanks again for the reply Alun,

Would you have anything on gpx???
    I'll see what I can find and get back to you ... I'm a little busy today.

Advertisement