Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone have an olympus 1030 sw?

• 23-02-2009 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

ok i have this camera since before xmas and im just wondering does anyone else have one or similar and if so what sort of abuse has yours taken?

so far mine has been covering in red wine (which i had to then wash it in the sink cause it was all sticky),

i was also video when skiing and i fell and it got dragged through the snow,

i also drunkenly decided one day to put it in a pint of beer to taken a 'beer goggle photo' ha and then i had to rinse it again :D

oh and its been dropped on to a marble floor.

so im just wondering has anything happened or have you done anything to yours i just what to see what kind of stuff they can witstand.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

There pretty hardy cameras alrite. Friend of a friend went scuba diving off the great barrier reef with one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I hope you haven't tried firing it out of an AA cannon like in your sig ;)

The Olympus cameras are pretty famous for their weatherproofing (I've seen quite a few videos of the E-3 dslr being rinsed under a tap to clean the camera). Wouldn't want to try that with either the D3x (Nikon) or 1DsMkIII (Canon).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Thirdfox wrote: »
    I hope you haven't tried firing it out of an AA cannon like in your sig ;)

The Olympus cameras are pretty famous for their weatherproofing (I've seen quite a few videos of the E-3 dslr being rinsed under a tap to clean the camera). Wouldn't want to try that with either the D3x (Nikon) or 1DsMkIII (Canon).

not yet anyway im gonna wait till no one is around:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Any chance of seeing some sample underwater pics from it, I'm toying with the idea of getting one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

jpfahy wrote: »
    Any chance of seeing some sample underwater pics from it, I'm toying with the idea of getting one

i cold take some for you but they would only be of the inside of my sink haha:D

some else thats see this might be able to help you...

• Advertisement
Advertisement