Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuggers - Coming to a front door near you!

Options
  • 23-02-2009 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

FFS, chuggers now coming to my doorstep, great! Just had one from Trocaire at the door and when I was being polite wouldn't p1ss off. Tried to tell her nicely that "we're all students" (OK it's kinda a lie, but some truth in it) but didn't get the hint - Would only p1ss off when I said "I've no money, or a bank account so you're wasting your time" (again lies but meh :pac:)

Incase they return - how can I pass some time by messing with their head? Should I produce my Doomsday device? (Still not 100% complete but getting there) :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try to sell them religion.

Point to the "No Begging" sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

charity muggers?

how about Roma beggars coming to your door! at least trocaire a registered chairty FFS!

oh and p.s- you either ARE a student or you are NOT! and by the looks of it ye seem to have more money than anyone! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Nice one. I was just thinking myself, a good one might be to pretend that you're totally buying what they're selling and sign up.

Except as your Bank AC number put in "12345678" and in sort code put "987654" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I came home form work the last day to find my housemate trying to get rid of a chugger. He kept asking could he come in cos it was cold out. She said yes and let him into the hall. Then he kept saying could they sit at a table so she could fill out the form. Cheeky fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

"no thank you"

and close the door/walk away.

No point in getting riled up about it - bad for the blood pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Krieg enjoys the door-to-door folk
    Ever since he purchased himself a Nazi t-shirt

http://www.nsm88.org/merchandise/tshirts.html

biko wrote: »
    Try to sell them religion.
    Trocaire are the official overseas development agency of the Catholic Church in Ireland so you could go the opposite way and say you don't support religious charities.

Say you already support Oxfam or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,483 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

JohnCleary wrote: »
    FFS, chuggers now coming to my doorstep, great! Just had one from Trocaire at the door and when I was being polite wouldn't p1ss off. Tried to tell her nicely that "we're all students" (OK it's kinda a lie, but some truth in it) but didn't get the hint - Would only p1ss off when I said "I've no money, or a bank account so you're wasting your time" (again lies but meh :pac:)

Incase they return - how can I pass some time by messing with their head? Should I produce my Doomsday device? (Still not 100% complete but getting there) :D

I shall be telling them to politely Fcuk off until the recession is over

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Just tell them you're not interested. Had the same ones come to my door 2 weeks ago.

"Hi, I wonder if you...."

"Sorry I've no money".

"Oh no, thats ok, you can...

"No, not interested in direct debits either. Night!"

/close door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

real real easy,and do the same with the street ones..

ASK THEM...

do you get paid for this, are you working on a commisson.. (which they are)

they usually walk away, or say nothing..

but i always follow it up with,, why am i going too give too a charity and pay you as well, thats not charity thats a business, them tell them too go forth and multiply..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Had some Aussie Chick at the door earlier on.

The fact I told her I'm a student and in the house on the first night of rag week said enough and she left :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Tell them your doing a 24hr fast and would they mind sponsoring you. Even agree that you'll give them the same amount that they sponsor you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

We had a guy come to our door on Saturday and he just gave the perfect opening to get rid of himself...

Him: "Hows the recession going?"
    Me: "Crap not sure if I will have a job next month"
    Him: "Oh...ok bye"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Had some Aussie Chick at the door earlier on.

I think I had her at my door in Oranmore about 2 years ago. Normally I just say no thanks and shut the door but she had me talked into a knot before I knew what was going on. Next thing I knew I was upstairs rooting about for my bank details! Thankfully I had a moment of clarity and swiftly returned to the front door and closed it in her face. This was about 2/3 years ago and I had not heard of them asking for bank details before.

The worrying thing about it was I am an angry take no **** type and she had me about to sign anything that was put in front of me. I was thinking about it afterwards and the amount of older people she must have confused and signed up would be scary. They must be trained in ways to approach people and get them to hand over bank details/cash etc. Very dubious practices in use.

Shower of bastárds I have no time for them or the cretins from the likes of the Church of Jesus Christ and the latter day saints who seem to be attracted to me like bees to honey. Get ta fúck away from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

They must be trained in ways to approach people and get them to hand over bank details/cash etc. Very dubious practices in use.

She was hot, right?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I just had one about half an hour ago.

I told her I was under 21 and she fecked off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

I think I had her at my door in Oranmore about 2 years ago. Normally I just say no thanks and shut the door but she had me talked into a knot before I knew what was going on. Next thing I knew I was upstairs rooting about for my bank details! Thankfully I had a moment of clarity and swiftly returned to the front door and closed it in her face. This was about 2/3 years ago and I had not heard of them asking for bank details before.

The worrying thing about it was I am an angry take no **** type and she had me about to sign anything that was put in front of me. I was thinking about it afterwards and the amount of older people she must have confused and signed up would be scary. They must be trained in ways to approach people and get them to hand over bank details/cash etc. Very dubious practices in use.

Shower of bastárds I have no time for them or the cretins from the likes of the Church of Jesus Christ and the latter day saints who seem to be attracted to me like bees to honey. Get ta fúck away from me.

She confused the heck out of me anyway,

She first of all asked me for 1.5 million and was like, OK 1.2 will do so! ????
    Very nice and friendly all the same so I left out saying that I don't give to charity so you can get paid.

Frankly being a student I don't have money for any of these charity's anyway, I give blood every six months or so which IMO is as good a thing as you can do.

Advertisement