Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Classic Insurance

• 23-02-2009 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

I hope to be buying a new (old?) classic shortly. A certain member should know what I have in mind but for everyone else: 2L Auto 30+ years old :pac:
    I am buying this now with hope to have given it all the TLC it needs + a bit extra of my own taste so it will be ready and waiting for me as I turn 17.
    Problemo:
    Insurance on a 2L petrol when your 17 is a tad expensive, no?
    I was looking at the likes of here Which could workout far more in my favour. But do these classic insurance policies apply to 17/provisional drivers?
    The bit it being a seccond car is no problem.

Thanks for any info,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

I think most companies require the driver to be 25 years old on a classic car policy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

im sick of answering this, search the forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

2cv wrote: »
    I think most companies require the driver to be 25 years old on a classic car policy...
    That puts a slight dampener on things :(
    Redrocket wrote: »
    im sick of answering this, search the forum
    I did severall google searches which came up with zilch, guess I should of done a boardsie one too...

So it seems that the only chance of me *maybe* getting insurance is getting the father to be insured on it then go under his name?

Heh, I still think the car would be worth buying just to get into this classic scene:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Classic Insurance: You need to be 25 and you need to have a everyday car also insured.

The Insurance Companies have this back door pretty well coverd...:(

the Auld Fellers Insurance is the best way, but you might struggle with a 2 litre....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

Heh, I still think the car would be worth buying just to get into this classic scene:)

Yes you should :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

I got insured aged 20 last year on an MGB roadster through First Ireland, wasnt cheap tho!!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

2cv wrote: »
    Yes you should :-)

I have a strong feeling your not biased at all :D

Some of ye may have a better understanding of this. Would the oul lad have to have full insurance on it to get my name on it then under him or would him with classic insurance do the job?
    Corktina wrote:
    Classic Insurance: You need to be 25 and you need to have a everyday car also insured.
    Have the everyday car covered. ;) Damn age...
    Lauder wrote:
    I got insured aged 20 last year on an MGB roadster through First Ireland, wasnt cheap tho!!!
    According to their website, they have an office less than a 2 min walk from my house. Handy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

guess I should of done a boardsie one too...

Maybe you should look in the charter of this forum? You might find something ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement