Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to soccer

Options
  • 23-02-2009 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi, I just signed up for the soccer area, but it seems I cant post there - restricted access. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yes, you need to fulfill certain criteria, there is a soccer access forum where you need to read the signup rules and discover what criteria you need to fulfil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 SPORTINGGAMEZ

Oh ok, tanx for your help.

Also, I've tried adding my blog to my sig. How many posts do i need to have a sig? Not really important anyway, just thought i'd put it in to see if anyone is interested in reading my ramblings.

My most recent post today is on liverpool -

The team is average; we are probably the 4th strongest team in the Premiership, with United, Chelsea and Arsenal ahead of us. We are carrying to many poor players, with the likes of Dossena, Arbeloa (although improving), Riera, Aurelio, Lucas and even Babel (who has done very little at the team).

We have bought too many average players that have gone on to achieve nothing. There is nobody coming through our youth ranks, the likes of Paul Anderson, Jay Spearing, Stephen Darby as well as other players should have started being brought through now. The only players that got a chance were Plessis, Leto and Insua.

As for how our season is going I don't think it is all amazingly bad as people have said, if someone had of said to us at the start of the season that you will finish 2nd I would have snapped their hand off and still be in the Champions League as well. So I think it is all just sensational journalism as to the "demise" of Liverpool F.C, it is terrible the way it happened with us being top but still it is not a terrible season from our point of view.

Insua is the only one that proved he can handle playing week in week out at a high level but was still replaced when Aurelio he returned from injury. Plessis looked good but in an already overcrowded midfield for us he was never really gonna get a proper chance. Leto, unfortunately, had a rough time and hasn't been seen since the start of the season.

I don't believe Rafa is the right man to help us win the Premiership - his conservative style helps us in Europe but in the Premiership it will never work and he hasn't really realised that. At the start of the season he went for it but it backfired against Spurs really twice and since then he has started being cautious Rafa again.

I wouldn't say we are miles behind United but yes we do have a good bit of ground to make up. But, as soon as Ronaldo goes to Real Madrid, people will realise that they aren't going to get them 1-0's they are getting at the moment. Aall we need is a stronger wing and a partner for a fully fit Torres. Kuyt, as much as I love him for being such a worker, is not a winger - he should be used sparingly as much as possible. United have the young guys coming through in Rafael, Gibson and some others who have been making rare appearances even on the bench but Liverpool simply don't do that and need to start with the likes of Nemeth going on loan to Blackpool, he should be used now sparingly with Torres not fully fit and only David N'Gog as our other option now would be the perfect time to introduce him to first team life but instead is playing in the reserves for a Championship side having been sent on loan.

Liverpool at the moment could go a number of ways in the near future, but I can see Rafa being let go in the next 2-3 years, then we will get a new manager, axe him after 2 years in the seat, then we will settle down again with a new chairmen and in 5 years I predict will be the first time we win the Premiership. A horrible concept but realistically that's the soonest I can see us winning it, pretty much after the current crop are gone.

Advertisement