Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband Sim - Put into Blackberry Storm

• 23-02-2009 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i want to know if i buy a blackberry storm and put my pay monthly vodafone broadband Sim into it. Will the web / email data be charged?

I imagine as long as i stay under the 5mb i wont get charged. Can someone confirm this for me before i go and buy one.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Once you use the correct access point the I would imagine you would be fine. Be warey of making calls or sending SMS though (if this is even enabled on Vodafone BB SIMs?) as the costs won't be great if it's a BB plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Thanks Random.

Have you heard much about the BlackBerry Storm? If so is it positive/negative...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Smcgie wrote: »
    Thanks Random.

Have you heard much about the BlackBerry Storm? If so is it positive/negative...
    Not heard enough really to comment on it .. but currently looking into it :)

PLenty of threads here about it though and I'm sure folks will have opinions for you shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Thanks Random.

Its a piece of crap.

Listen to Engadget and Engadget Mobile podcasts and gdgt podcasts. They all say its rubbish, just Blackberry trying to catch up with Apple by releasing a touch screen for a platform that was never designed for a touch interface.

I have used a friends in the UK, it seems to me that Blackberry just released the phone to say they had a touch screen in their portfolio and maybe to appease share holders and make them think they were "cutting edge".

Just one example of how badly thought out it is, when typing you have to release a letter before depressing the next one. Its really not easy to do when typing fast. You will want to throw it at the wall.

The Bold however is a very good phone.

Oh and the advert where they say "Built for Vodafone" really p1sses me off. No it was not built for vodafone, why would you even say that!

Thanks Godskitchen, another thing would it cost to recieve phone calls to a Broadband sim card Vodafone?

• Advertisement

Thanks Godskitchen, another thing would it cost to recieve phone calls to a Broadband sim card Vodafone?

No, well it did not on mine in any case.

If you are planning to use any phone with the broadband sim I can only assume you plan to use VOIP if you wish to use it as a voice communication device......

In which case you should know that VOIP on any 3G network can be really bad.

No to be honest i only want it for web browsing / email and to receive calls. i have a land line for making calls in office and an 02 phone for making calls.

Its complicated :) but i can use the broadband number now as my business mobile number to receive calls, this will save me a few € on forking out on another pay monthly sim.

Thanks

No to be honest i only want it for web browsing / email and to receive calls. i have a land line for making calls in office and an 02 phone for making calls.

Its complicated :) but i can use the broadband number now as my business mobile number to receive calls, this will save me a few € on forking out on another pay monthly sim.

Thanks

Ah I see what you plan to do now.

If you are web browsing via a laptop tethered to your phone (Storm) then fine, you however will not be wanting to web browse on the Storm itself.........Think AOL circa 1997 and you have an idea of the experience.

Advertisement